- Oct 29, 2017
- Reaction score
The 1more HiFi H1707 Triple Driver has a pretty fun sound signiture, awsome for games as it has brilliant bass. HiFi H1707 Triple Driver Hi-Res Certified 3.5mm Over-Ear Headphones - Silver - 1MOREHi all,
I'm looking to replace my SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDac with some non-gaming headies and either a boom mic or a modmic.
At first I wanted to get the Audeze Mobius or the HyperX Cloud Orbit but figured I might also look into standalone solutions as I know gaming headsets don't always have the best sound. The mentioned headies seem to get good reviews on the sound quality though.
The headphones will be used for video consumption / music / gaming (I'm not a pro so immersion is more important to me than super accurate positioning).
Sound signature wise I'm not a basshead but the fact that the Planar drivers on the Mobius has good base is a pro. I like some thump to my music and games (not sure how much of that could be achieved with an EQ)
Budgets aren't super tight but lets say 10k for dac/amp/headies?
So far I've looked at the following dac/amp combos:
* Schiit Hel 2 - looks like a strong amp (no software or bass boost button so it doesn't look like I could make up for flatly tuned headies with this)
* Creative G6 - mixed reviews on this
* ifi zen dac amp combo - some say the sound is a bit 'dirty or grainy' which is a bit concerning
Headphones I've looked at so far are:
* Drop 58X - currently on what looks like a great special but worried about bass response (I know open back aren't known for bass but I think I already saw @iamgigglz complain about bass for these)
* Drop 6xx
* Hifiman Sundara
* Drop HE5xx
* Drop 38x - having a mic is nice but that colour scheme (would rather use a boom or modmic then
Cant go wrong with a 6xx, its also a winner but bass is not at same level as 1more. (need more amp for it though).
Havent tried the other 2.
For an amp, AudioGD R2R11 is awsome.
There is a local vendor as well, think it goes between 5 & 6 K