Welcome to Carbonite! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
This War Of Mine - ps buy the full version with all DLCs. First bought it on PS4 and instantly fell in love. Story is amazing as well as sad as it develops. The DLC about the father is heart wrenching but consuming. Amazing game if you can get into. Has to do with World War and survival, primarily based on the survival and gathering of materials and less so on the war pry, but the war affects the way you live. If I’m not mistaken it was made by a Polish team and the game was used in polish schools as a learning tool for kids doing coding etc. amazing game and story and the dev team is amazing. I ended up buying the support DLC too which every cent of goes to children affected by war!
Number one recommendation is Disco Elysium. I have never played a game with such rich character development. It doesn't have a lot of "action" so to speak, just an excellent story and a very deep exploration of the protagonist's internal world.
More traditional games with good stories:
1. The Witcher series - 1 looks very dated but 2 still feels fairly modern. You don't need to play the preceding titles to follow the story, so don't feel bad if you just want to play 3.
2. Fallout series - besides for The Witcher I don't know of any game with such a richly-developed world. Every little blip on the map tells a story, and there are a LOT of blips. I don't have any preference between 3, New Vegas, and 4. I haven't played 1 or 2 though. 76 is more MMO-style so not much of a story there.
3. Jedi: Fallen Order - one of the best games ever for being a lightsaber-swinging force-wielding badass.
4. GTA V - yes I know this sounds corny but the single player story is excellent. Also GTA IV if you haven't played it yet.
5. Mass Effect series - 1 - 3 are great, I haven't played Andromeda.
I am definitely forgetting a few so I will edit the post if I remember more.
Odyssey: Journey to the West. One of my all time favourite games.
Mass Effect 1-3. Garrus is best space-bro.
Warframe (no really). But the developer makes it too damn hard to put the story into a coherent order, with some of the story hidden behind faction progression. One has to watch a series of YouTube videos to get an understanding.