- Please note that using multiple accounts on the forums is NOT allowed.
- Proxy servers: Methods used to mask your IP (Onion/Torr/VPN/RDP) are not allowed. Should you require to go through a proxy to connect to Carbonite from work or university, please alert one of the members of staff.
If a member raises suspicion about a bad deal and you are using a proxy server, the account will be banned without warning. No exceptions will be made even if you have previously alerted a member of staff that you connect via a proxy from work or university.
- The user must be older than 18 or if the user declines to state their age then it is assumed that they are over 18. If the user is under 18 then it is assumed that the user has received permission from their parent / guardian and that all dealings on Carbonite are done with this permission. The user also understands that due to the adult nature of conversations that may take place on Carbonite and that they indemnify the forum for such content.
Signatures & Avatars
- If uploading or hot-linking (using the [IMG] BBCode) the maximum size of the image in your signature is 500x100 pixels and the maximum file size is 75.0 KB (all criteria must be met).
- If uploading or linking avatars; the maximum size of your custom image is 80x80 pixels and 20 KB (all criteria must be met).
- No animated avatars or signatures are allowed with exception to staff members.
- Resellers may have up to three images with a total size not exceeding 1000x200 pixels and 150.0 KB (all criteria must be met). Resellers are also allowed to have animated signatures, but not avatars.
These rules pertain to buying, selling and trading threads on Carbonite.
- The official template is to be used for ALL adverts placed on Carbonite, whether for buying, selling or trading. It can be found as a sticky in all classifieds sections of the forum, and any threads not using the template will be deleted without warning.
- The seller's may ask any price he chooses, even if ridiculous. If the seller wishes to sell a 2 GB flash drive for R 1,000,000 he may do so.
- There is to be NO negative interference in the seller's thread. This could be interference towards either buyers or sellers. If a post can be construed as deconstructive, even if it wasn't meant as such, then the staff will act on it. Keep it to PM if it needs to be said.
- Any price discussion, is to be kept to PM and out of the eye of the public.
- The seller may provide links to any online store he wishes on condition that they sell to the public and are not a distributor/supplier/dealer.
- Distributor/supplier/dealer prices are not allowed to be shared on the forum under any circumstances.
- Sales on behalf of a third party are not allowed unless the person is immediate family (parent, sibling or child). Even in these instances you are required to act as if the item is yours - should anything go wrong it will be a reflection on you and not the third party. Should you not wish to accept the risk, rather get them to sign up on Carbonite.
- Auctions are not allowed. All sales have to include an asking price which may or may not be negotiable, but there will be no sales asking for offers to be made via PM.
- Piracy related items are strictly forbidden. Refer to core rules.
- Spamming classifieds threads is not permitted.
- Duplicate threads are strictly forbidden.
Software, Games, and Game Accounts
- Microsoft DSP/OEM/Volume licenced software may not be sold on Carbonite.
- Beta keys for games or other software may not be sold. They may however be given away freely.
- Selling / bundling of any pirated software / media is strictly forbidden and will result in an instant ban from the forums without prejudice or warning.
A normal user will need to purchase a reseller subscription (you can follow this link) under the following circumstances:
(due to an increase of people abusing the system trying to sell for profits without reseller subs we will start issuing infractions to offenders)
- If more than one new item is sold at a time
- If more than one new item is sold within a six month period
- If we detect a pattern of buying with the intention of reselling to turn a profit
- If services are being offered
- If we decide that you are using Carbonite as profit making endeavour such as a business, however small it may be
- If you would like to advertise for an outside company
- Decisions will be made at the sole discretion of the staff.
Resellers with a personal account as well as a business account on Carbonite will be required to cross reference the account in their signatures. If you have an account called Person123 for personal use and Company123 for business use, Person123 must link to Company123 in its signature. Likewise, Company123 must link to Person123 in its signature.
Bumping of Threads
Bumping of a thread refers to making a post that doesn't add anything to the sale other than getting your thread back into the limelight. Reasonable changing of information, stating that an item has been sold, adding pictures or dropping the price are not considered bumping, but if you start making consistent, small price drops or make several posts adding one picture at a time we will notice and you may receive an infraction and/or ban.
- Bumping is allowed once every three days (within reason of 72 hours).
- Bumping is not allowed within three days of any post made by the original poster in the thread in question - if the original poster has dropped a price or added any information he or she needs to wait three days before the thread may be bumped again.
- Resellers and staff are allowed to bump their threads once per day.
- Those with threads seeking employment may bump the relevant threads daily without the need to purchase a reseller subscription.
Virtual Currency Sales
Virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Darkcoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, etc may be sold without a reseller's subscription if ALL of the following criteria are met.
- You do not have at least one dedicated mining computer, FPGA, ASIC or similar.
- You do not run a business specializing in virtual currencies.
If you do any of the above or if the staff feel that your selling behaviour appears to be of a business nature, you will be required to purchase a reseller subscription.
iTrader is a system that we use for tracking a user's reputation with regards to online dealing. It can be accessed by viewing a user's profile and clicking the Feedback Score tab.
- An iTrader rating should be used to rate the experience of a completed deal. For the purposes of iTrader the deal may be reviewed once both parties have agreed on the deal and the only step left is payment / delivery / collection. iTraders given for deals not reaching this point will be removed. FOR EXAMPLE: You may give a neutral/negative rating because the other party called off the deal, didn't pitch up or sold the item to someone else once you've reached an agreement and they did not reasonably communicate a decent reason for the change of circumstances. There must be proof of the communication or lack thereof. For clarity: there is a distinction between asking someone to hold an item before they make up their mind (not a completed deal) and asking someone to hold something because they have made up their mind and are waiting for something to happen after which they will definitely take it (completed deal). Remember this applies to both seller and buyer.
- iTrader is not to be used for personal grudges.
- iTrader is for sales that have a thread. Should a deal be done via PM or via means other than a thread in the relevant section on Carbonite (such as via WhatsApp, email, Facebook, telephonically or via any other means) an iTrader rating cannot be given.
- No sale/wanted/trade threads may be made after the fact for the purpose of giving or receiving an iTrader rating. This is a bannable offence, and the rating will be deleted without warning.
- iTrader ratings are not to be given for free/give-away items, virtual currency sales, software license keys, or in-game items.
ALWAYS make use of the Report button  located at the bottom left hand side of posts and Private Messages to report any issues such as the following:
- Price Discussion
- Early Bump
- Suspected Scammer
- No Template
- Thread Title Change
- Moving Thread
- Deleting Thread; etc.
Always be as descriptive and thorough as possible when submitting your report so that the attending moderator is aware of what the issue is and doesn't have to PM you for more info.
The report function needs to be used instead of mentioning mods or sending individual or specific moderators Private Messages as the specific moderator you tagged or PM'd might not be online/available (Busy with work or away for the weekend, etc), and the issue might not be resolved ASAP, while another moderator might see the report and action it.
- The Bad Deals Template is to be used for ALL Bad Deals threads. The template can be found in the Bad Deals section as a sticky.
- A deal has to have been concluded. You may not open a thread in the Bad Deals section because the other party called off the deal, didn't pitch up or sold the item to someone else.
- There is no waiting period before a thread may be started.
- The accused has one week to respond to a Bad Deals thread begin the process of resolving the issue. If no attempt is made, the accused will be permanently banned.
- The Bad Deals thread is between the two parties involved and for those with relevant information only (Scammer details, assistance with warranty check, etc). No posts of any other kind will be tolerated in a Bad Deals thread.
- Circumstantial information is allowed. For example, Users that are willing to assist, or have information/experience with RMA process, contact details of Repair centers, etc.
- No name calling or flaming will be allowed. Tempers tend to flair when someone feels wronged, but the global core rules are to be obeyed and any transgressions will be dealt with accordingly.
- The Bad Deals section of the forums is to be used as a last resort, you must have made reasonable attempts to get the issue resolved before opening a new thread. It doesn't take a lot to permanently tarnish someone's reputation, and non-compliance with any of these rules may result in action being taken against you.