Welcome to Carbonite! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
If you want to invest your money, look at all your options and do your own research. Never jump into a "opportunity" or "scheme" that someone presents to you without you asking. Especially if there is some form of hierarchy or affiliation system in place. Happy living bud.
Things look bleak for this pyramid... The usual signs are there... the supporters are super passionate and try and get everyone in on this "opportunity".
The whole timeline of milestones has been a mess, they had a "gold independence day" where they were SUPPOSED to be letting people exchange their KBC for Gold, but it was actually only a conversion from one token to another... you have to wait for the cashgold atms to arrive before you can withdraw that gold.
If it was LEGIT they would let you instantly convert that "gold" into the gold from their other platform and withdraw it...
To me Karatbars looks like an MLM / Pyramid scheme. The people I have seen promoting it in SA have a history of being involved in cloud mining scams that have ended up with people losing tons of money. Stay far away.
I check in on it from time to time to see if the peeps I know are still interested/doing it.
- launching a new "security coin" that you can swap your old KBC for.
- New coin will be worth 0.1g gold
- If you swap ASAP you get 25% extra (I mean if you launch a new coin you can give away coins like candy from the premine)
- Their blockchain phone was trash, didn't even do basic smartphone stuff properly. You add a contact and when you go to text that contact it doesn't tell you that 071 234 2345 is "mom" it just shows the number... also once you've sent the message it is no longer on your phone... it only shows the messages you receive. The "security key" thing is just a flashdisk.
- If you buy the new coin now you get 0.02% commission every time those coins get sold for the rest of your life.
- They are making their own exchange where you can do your trading stuff... you'll be able to trade the top 10 coins there.
Karatbars International made headlines this week in South Africa, after having been flagged by the financial regulator the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA). Whenever the company appears in the media,...
Honestly.... the gold is what pulled them along for so long.
As soon as they start dishing out bonuses like a government year end party it usually means they are going for a grab before shutting down. USUALLY... but who knows... this thing might wriggle for another year or three.