What's new
Carbonite

Welcome to Carbonite! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Deal w/MothVader

Status
Not open for further replies

Toy Machine

I cause BSOD's
VIP Supporter
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
3,755
Reaction score
933
Points
5,245
Deal Thread URL: https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?threads/rx-480-8gb-red-devil.362761/
Seller:
@MothVader
Buyer: @Toy Machine
Description of Bad Deal:

-Product put up on May 16, a Sunday.
-Talks went on for Sunday
-Monday morning I decide I want the card after negotiations went a little stale and meet his Price incl. shipping.
-Transfer was FNB to Capitec.
-He says cool and we proceed with payment which I make in the next 10 minutes rom being sent details.
-He stated "Let me know when payment is done so I can ship", awesome. I have also been open about needing the card by the Wednesday.
-Tuesday Morning comes and I ask about shipping since I haven't received a waybill. He states payment hasn't come through yet and he's now going to hold the card until payment goes through, going against his word. This made me uneasy but I am ok with as I want funds to clear too.
-I say ok maybe FNB is slow as I had a FNB to Standard also took longer than normal recently.
-I check to show & confirm that on my side the payment has been made and cleared my account with pictures of the transaction and as much I can show.

-Seller then asks for me to reverse the payment and pay into another account which I say no to as it will cost more and take longer.
-Seller then asks me to make a double payment of the same value and he will return the original payment which I say no to.
-I said no to both of these as I find this unfair on me after doing my part on this deal, and because he is now getting scared of being scammed and is burdening me with this fear of his. ( spent most of Tuesday trying to bring him peace of mind this isn't happening)
-I show seller everything I can on my side to confirm the funds have cleared my account and he is not budging. I reference the general dealing methods on Carb of having someone facilitate the deal and hold the card until funds clear [which wasn't interested in]. But I cannot be responsible for his cold feet and please honour his side of this deal like we originally agreed upon. As well as iTrader system and happy to have people validate my trustworthyness.
-End of Tuesday is just a bunch of wasted time of back and forth and I say we will wait for payment to clear on his side.

Somewhere between Tuesday and Wednesday the seller sends me a screenshot/statement of his account standings to show me what is in his account which I REALLY did not want or need to see and generally had me uneasy as I do not need to see your account balance & information.

-Wednesday morning I decide to call FNB and confirm that funds have cleared on my side, which was confirmed by the lady I spoke with. I then asked how I can proceed for the seller to verify the funds coming into his account to which this lady stated that he has to call in and query it himself with his bank and I cannot do so on his behalf.
-This Lady stated this is something on Capitec's side and he has to call in to ask why it is not being cleared into his account.
-I go to the seller and now state this straight after the call and say that I can not be responsible for funding not clearing his account and that he must send the card off today [this being security for me].
-At this point the seller basically says he doesn't care anymore and he is just losing the amount agreed upon and will send the card today, which he did.
-The card was then supposed to arrive on Friday, and Postnet misdirected the parcel to CPT, Stellenbosch in which I stayed on top of and received on Saturday morning. I kept seller up to date with all of this and upon receiving I showed him I received the card. To which the same I no longer care and accept that money has been lost response comes to me.
-I have also asked the seller almost every day from Tuesday [then the 18th of May] if funds have cleared, which they have not. I have urged the seller to contact his bank and find out what is going on since my Wednesday morning phone call with FNB, which has either been ignored or replied to with I don't care & the money is lost.

Now I'm pretty frustrated at this point given it already went south and most of my efforts to help this person has been largely ignored or not acknowledged through showing every bit of information I can to verify the money has left my account. It is now almost 2 weeks since this has happened and have still largely been ignored each time I ask if he has contacted Capitec, which I have asked every other day this week.

In some part I feel shit because I do not want deals to go down like this and I usually wait for the funds to clear, but I am glad now that I got the card in my possession given this money still hasn't cleared his account and therefore I would've been out X amount for this time period. And more so because the seller has not given much effort to clear up his side and help me in resolving this issue, hence now this thread because I am not going to wait around for him to do so and continually check up on him for months to make a simple call to the bank and find out why these funds aren't being released into his account.

His attitude towards this deal has now largely been to state that he has lost the funds and does not care anymore. I myself got agitated when going through all of this with him didn't end up being acknowledged and his only options were to wait on funds to clear or have me go make double payments and jump through hoops to make him happy, but he isn't willing to make a simple phone call to his bank and verify his side.

This thread is now here because I receive no updates from the seller and generally feel he has no intent in helping me clear this issue up. I cannot be responsible for him sending me banking details to an incorrect account or an account in which that money would be absorbed immediately into other commitments the bank will prioritize in his name/the name of the account holder. I got sent details and paid immediately.

The WhatsApp chat has been backed up with media if need be and is up to date until the final current messages.
My intent throughout this entire deal has simply been for the money to clear his account and be a fair deal, but I am no longer going to wait on his lack of care to check with his bank and help me resolve it, since I literally have to wait on him to look into his own account.
 

ScorpioMan

Official Carbonite IT TechGuy
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
Joined
May 31, 2014
Messages
5,794
Reaction score
1,171
Points
8,715
Location
Birchleigh North,Kempton Park
@Toy Machine i can only commend your persistence in trying to have this deal completed "properly". However this is not a bad deal.

You have shown the seller you paid for the card, he has sent you the card.

If he doesnt make an effort to clear the issue with his bank, its on him.
If he suspects you "scammed" him, its his responsibility to open up a bad deal thread.

Enjoy the card.
 

Toy Machine

I cause BSOD's
VIP Supporter
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
3,755
Reaction score
933
Points
5,245
@ScorpioMan86 Thank you. I was on the fence about it being a bad deal given the circumstances. But decided to open a thread given how long it has taken to get anything from him and don't want it to come bite me in the ass when he then feels it's time to do so.

Thank you as well @ViVceptioN.

Appreciate the feedback.
 
Status
Not open for further replies

Top Donors

$320.00
$265.00
$210.00
$185.00
Top