Percent received of goal amount for this month: (45%)
Please donate to, amongst other things, purchase and install modifications for Carbonite.co.za, the licensing fees for the Vbulletin software, and some of the hosting costs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

Prophecy online shop closed - long live Prophecy!

Hi Guys,

As you may know, the Prophecy.co.za online shop has closed down. Here is what you need to know...

1. We will still honour your warranty. If you need to contact us about that, please click here.
    2. Prophecy did not close, we merely changed direction. You can read why, over here.
    3. We now do rentals for schools, small and medium sized businesses. Pretty much any entity that has been going for three years or longer.
    4. What do we rent? We rent any computer equipment. Minimum amount is about R11 000 ex vat. We sell all equipment with a 3 year on-site warranty (where available). The deal includes free shipping, shipping insurance, installation services (if needed), and insurance for the products (if needed). Also, at the end of the contract term, the equipment is yours (so it's a rent-to-own contract).
    5. All monthly repayments are designed to not escalate annually, so you pay one fee, every month, for the entire duration of the contract (escalation contracts, while we prefer not to do this, are available, on request).

For now, we do not rent to individuals, but we are in discussions with a few places to work something out. If/when this changes, we will let you know. This also includes companies or other entities that has not been going for three years.

Read this if you want to make a bit of pocket money:

You can make some cash for yourself by referring business to us for rental deals. Soon, we will put up an affiliate link on our site, where you can register. If you give us a lead (you must have actually spoken with the company, and know that they are interested) in renting equipment, we will contact them, rent them something, and pay you an affiliate marketing fee for the successful deal from your lead.

For the resellers:

This will provide you with a larger (quite a bit more) markup, than selling the items directly. So, refer first, and then sell if they don't want to rent.

The opportunity for you?

It is my guess that a few of you guys can make a decent amount of money, finding potential customers for us, and providing us with the leads. To give you an idea of what you can earn...

Say you give us a lead, and the lead signs a successful contract with us, and purchases a laptop worth R12 500 (incl vat - about R11 000 ex vat), you could earn up to R2000 in affiliate fees, depending on the contract taken. This amount is paid out immediately upon the successful delivery of the equipment to the company in question (after the contract is signed and approved). All fees, at this stage, will be up front, single payouts (though this may change, especially for rentals to individuals).

Are you a student? Are you unemployed? You could earn a decent amount of money by referring clients to us, as you can see from the example above.

Disclaimer:
    • While the above example is a real world scenario of what one could earn in affiliate fees, the actual payout may differ based on a ton of stuff. Especially, if rentals to individuals does happen, the fees may be drastically lower than this. Other factors will also apply.
    • Prophecy also reserves the right to cancel or nullify an affiliate payment due to unethical behaviour, such as conflict of interest by the lead generator (you cannot be the decision maker, AND earn an affiliate fee - this is unethical behaviour, and we will not get involved with these types of dealings. You will sign a document stating this, as part of the contract).
    • Prophecy also reserves the right to amend or cancel the affiliate structure entirely, if it so deems necessary. So, please check with us if you read this post a year from now.
    • Prophecy reserves the right to amend any terms without prior notification.
    • E&OE and all that Jazz...
    Last edited by Firestar; 08-01-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)

Re: Prophecy online shop closed - long live Prophecy!

My Girlfriends school just got their laptops for next year...if only you started referrals sooner
    I write for Lazygamer.net

I'm a little teacup short and stout
    Here is my handle and here is my spout
    When I get all steamed up
    Hear me shout...
    I pissed off the wrong person today xD

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

Damn

lol

Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

I actually think I may know of someone. Email sent to the finance manager guy. I can only hope 140+ complete desktops with servers and everything can pocket me a bit. And that they haven't signed or bought anything else yet.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

@Firestar, sorry maybe a silly question, but beyond just the rentals would you also provide any additional IT infrastructure to a small company or school setup?
    For example, the hardware/software installation, maintenance, etc. or are you guys staying away from the turn-key IT solution?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Sent you a PM, I am on a similar business venture this year.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thelangfordian View Post
    @Firestar, sorry maybe a silly question, but beyond just the rentals would you also provide any additional IT infrastructure to a small company or school setup?
    For example, the hardware/software installation, maintenance, etc. or are you guys staying away from the turn-key IT solution?
    We would not be doing that ourselves, no. We only do the rentals. However, we can find and recommend companies in your area that can do the installation for you, and work the installation price into your contract. If you know of a company that you would like to use, we can include their quote into the contract as well. So, we will be offering this kind of service, but not do it ourselves.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Thanks for the info

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sad to see Prophecy go but good luck for the 'new' business venture!
    Asus ROG G750JW || Macbook Pro || Nexus 5x

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Good luck with this Firepanty