Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Elite Dangerous.

Hahahahahha what a game.

I had a shipment to deliver guy approached me in space with a better offer. And I got scammed!!

Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Re: Elite Dangerous.

rofl!

I saw this review for the first time yesterday....looked amazing, but it seems to big....people complaining that travelling and to get something takes to long.

whats your impression of the game?
    [12-05, 08:09] Off-The-Chart: Silv just runs Ninja Style
    [12-05, 08:09] Off-The-Chart: he is like CUD money... "one minute it's there, the next it's gone"

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

You got scammed? How did that happen haha. Was it a live player or an npc?

Elite is huge. Empty and huge. Too huge haha. Everywhere yoy look there is nothingness. It's an awesome game but it's just too empty. If you're waiting for star citizen though it's a great game to keep you going until it releases hehe.
    4690k @ 4.0ghz | Custom Cooling Loop | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Powercolor 480 4GB Red Dragon | 1TB SSHD | RM850 | Custom Desk Build | Logitech G930, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Logitech G910 Orion Spark | The Wooden Duck

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Oh and with regards to travel time it really depends on what you are doing and which system you are in. If you are bounty hunting or mining just find a system where the station is right next to an extraction point. If you are trading or exploring then you are basically doing a trucking simulator so it will take awhile to get to places
    4690k @ 4.0ghz | Custom Cooling Loop | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Powercolor 480 4GB Red Dragon | 1TB SSHD | RM850 | Custom Desk Build | Logitech G930, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Logitech G910 Orion Spark | The Wooden Duck

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_bomb View Post
    You got scammed? How did that happen haha. Was it a live player or an npc?

Elite is huge. Empty and huge. Too huge haha. Everywhere yoy look there is nothingness. It's an awesome game but it's just too empty. If you're waiting for star citizen though it's a great game to keep you going until it releases hehe.
    NPC scam. found lots of people online this morning. At least 6 per star system I visited.
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori -The Universal Lie.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@sal12345 that's kak funny haha! I hardly see anyone meh. Guess its due to my shitty connection

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Bought the game not so long ago. (Saw this post and thought I would add my two cents)

Its pretty good, the realism is pretty top notch with regards to it being a space ship simulator. This game also boasts a 1:1 scale of the Milky Way Galaxy so its freaking huge.

With regards to the simulation aspect has one to actively dock their ship on a docking pad and take off again (a automatic docking module can be purchased for your ship to land it, however it is not necessary). Ships requires refueling and paint work on the ship degrades over time and will require that your repair it to restore it to its original state. Your ship has the tendency to over heat in intense combat (If the ship has inadequate heat management), if they player jumps into into hyper drive in short intervals or gets to close to a star. The ship will malfunction and meets its eventual demise if the heat levels reach too high.

Planets have gravitational pulls that can affect your ship when flying close to that particular planet in hyper-drive. If one reaches too close it will reduce the ships turning capabilities and in extreme cases rip your ship out of hyper drive. The in-game galaxy also has know solar systems that have been replicated and other space anomalies for example binary star systems.

Players can enter hyper drive and can reach the speeds higher that the speed of light to travel to distant solar systems. Other players are able to rip other players out of hyper drive to attack them (Pirates usually do this).

Combat is very satisfying whether it is PvP or versing NPC ships.

There is currently 15 playable ships (More planned in further updates) with some excelling at particular task where some can take a more versatile approach for example a Type 9 Heavy is a large ship that can carry a vast amount of cargo, travel extremely long distances however it is slow, maneuverability and not well equipped for combat therefore it is swell suited for trading where as the Anaconda can transport large cargo as well as defend itself adequately however cannot carry as much the Type 9 Heavy nor travel as far. The one fun aspect about Elite Dangerous is that ships are highly customisable and there are many items that can be purchased such as weapons, cargo holds, armor and many more therefore one is able to mold a ship to a particular task.

There are many roles that one can take in-game such as trading, exploring, pirating, mining and bounty hunting. You do not select pre-defined role in game however you choose the way you want to play and select the ship that best suites that role.

Yes the game map is extremely large (400 Billion vistable solar systems) and I have not played a game that even comes close this size (Pretty much think of the biggest map you have ever seen in a game, now times that by a million. Just to give you and idea of the scale). Traveling can get very tedious at times and perhaps the map is too large however this game sells itself as a sci-fi space simulator therefore Elite Dangerous is living up to what a simulator should be. In some cases it can be quite common where there is no human players around however this is compensated by a large amount of NCP ships that are commonly seen all over the galaxy.

Multi-player can still be very glitchy as you may find that you are not in the same instance as your friends and they are invisible to you as you are to them. This can be fixed by jumping to another location with your friends however it is not always effective and may require a few more jumps for it to work furthermore it is not ideal at the moment to play with groups of friends as bounties and mission rewards can't be shared. This is being addressed however in the new update which will be released in March 2015 called Wings.

So pretty much the game is a work in-progress still and there are still a lot of features that need to be added but overall the main game mechanics are complete and it is at least playable in this regard however there are a lot of kinks that developers are ironing out and there are many expansions that will be released. (Whether or not we have to pay for the expansions is unknown to myself however I understand all further expansions/updates will be free).

This game takes a while and can be lots of fun however it can get tedious at its current version but the end result of this game will definitely be something epic as Frontier Developments has a goals and plans for this title. Furthermore there are some other aspects of the game that I have not touched on such has living economies however I given a basic all rounder of this game so you can get an idea on it.

The game is a little pricey as it currently stands at R700.00 +/- however it is not pay to win nor does it require real money to buy in-game parts or ships. The only purchasable items for ships is unique paint jobs which merely enhance the visuals of your ship.
    Last edited by Plazmadawg; 27-01-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    Humanity is losing all its geniuses. Aristole died, Newton passed away, Einstein died, and I'm not feeling well today...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

No Mans Sky FTW!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Agh... My post was terrible. I left out so many words.. Sorry guys I think I may have typed that in a rush.
    Humanity is losing all its geniuses. Aristole died, Newton passed away, Einstein died, and I'm not feeling well today...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I still don't own this game... Even though I bought that stick from @Duck_bomb last year. Now it's just lying there collecting dust. And I have sort of lost my interest in Elite. I have read so many articles / reviews, watched so many videos and ads about it. But I just cannot get over how empty the game is. There is really only that much you can do.

Once I can actually afford it though, I will give it a go.

Yo girl, are you a zero APR loan?
    Because I don't really understand your terms and you keep saying you have no interest.