Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Re: Issue with younger brothers pc

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
    I was just wondering because on my ASUS the Smart Contrast (automatic contrast) setting will blackscreen the screen and effectively have go into powersaving and then complete turn-off if it perceives something to be overly dark. Only fix is a forced restart. Was just wondering whether it could have been something similar.
    This seems like something similar that happened with that GPU on my screen? The screen turned off and I had to restart my pc.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    i7 4770K||ASUS Z97 MARK S SABERTOOTH LIMITED EDITION #1669||16GB Corsair VENGEANCE||PowerColor RED DEVIL RX 570||OCULUS RIFT

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARGUILD View Post
    This seems like something similar that happened with that GPU on my screen? The screen turned off and I had to restart my pc.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    You might just wanna check for such a problem being mentioned in connection with the monitor just to have something else to eliminate before settling on the GPU.
    Last edited by Mast3rBlast3r; 11-08-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Intel Core i7-4770H | Gigabyte G1.Sniper.B5 (B85) | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | Antec HCG620W

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

My first guess would be PSU (like you), second would be driver.

Have a look at this...
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...al-gaming.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Software/Drivers, hdmi, monitor, then gpu. In my case (with my new gpu and a different monitor and a fresh install of windows) it randomly loses signal and screen goes blank for 1 sec during games and sometimes during other stuff. Its probably my cable because that's the common component. But due to trades I'm only left with 10m HDMIs so not considering buying a replacement cable

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk