Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: [EDITORIAL] The Price We Pay For GPUs is CORRECT!

I've see so far people are using a shrink wrap method and posting them for sale online as new...

A quick look online you can find many people are doing it and selling their mined gpu's as new/sealed/RMA. Someone called seller out and he changed his images to hide his bad shrink wrap:

http://i.imgur.com/aE3rjaZ.jpg
    Last edited by RNCoetzee; 17-07-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by belleraphon View Post
    This is just exploitation.

Buyers want to pay NORMAL prices. That RX570 that costs R2970 from the supplier, they want to pay accordingly after the re seller made his profit, asking 50% more is just exploiting the market. Its not the gamres buying, no its the miners with huge pockets.
    Everywhere gamers, the people who usually use GPUs, the target audience, they are not buying, they are complaining about the increased prices everywhere.

Not a single distributor has cards at the old price, the cost from Supplier (MSI, Saphire, EVGA) went up, there ROE went kakker and the landed price was adjusted.
    EVERYONE has adjusted to the new price

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
    Great post, and I completely agree.

It was the same situation with R9 280's with Litecoin. You could get them for super cheap.

I still think the distributors and e-tailers are fixing the prices, obviously to take advantage of the craze. And last time I looked, price-fixing is illegal. It's not like manufacturing costs increased...

Just my 2c on the topic.
    Every distributor has different sell prices on there RX and 10 series cards at the moment.
    I cannot post pricing of course, but Pinnacle, Corex, Frontosa, Rectron all have different pricing.

So no, no price fixing (Plus distributors will cut each others throats and margins to make sales over the other)