Percent received of goal amount for this month: (57%)
Please donate to, amongst other things, purchase and install modifications for Carbonite.co.za, the licensing fees for the Vbulletin software, and some of the hosting costs.

Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Faulty 51" Samsung PS51E550 plasma TV

Item: 51" Samsung PS51E550 plasma TV
    Warranty: None
    Packaging: Original packaging
    Condition: Great, besides fault described below
    Reason: Taking up space
    Shipping: No
    Collection: Yes - though please bring help if needed to carry - I will not be able to assist you
    Price: R2,000 o.n.c.o.
    Link: http://www.samsung.com/za/support/model/PS51E550D1RXXA

Bit of a different one here. Used this TV as my main set for over 3 years, when one day out of the blue it developed a thick line of what I would assume to be dead pixels that ran vertically all the way from the top to the bottom of the panel, on the right hand side. This of course happened literally a month after my extended warranty ran out. I understand this is a common problem with this particular model. Since I wanted a bigger TV anyway and didn't want to go through the hassle / cost of finding out if this was repairable, I purchased a 55" on special and this one has been sitting in its original packaging ever since.

Besides the line of pixels it worked flawlessly when it was boxed up. I'm advertising it in the hopes someone with a little more knowledge in the field might want to pick it up either to have it repaired and get a bargain 51" Plasma or use it for parts, and so I can get rid of the giant box sitting in my dining room and perhaps make a small amount back.

I'm flexible on the price within reason. Have included a pic of the box serial # - no pics of the actual unit as it is heavy AF and some back-related weight lifting injuries from my earlier days preclude me from lifting anything heavy. You are welcome to come view / buy it however, but please bring some help if needed.

20170112_080926.jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Re: Faulty 51" Samsung PS51E550 plasma TV

Sold - thanks for the interest.