Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Re: New monitor not working

There is no option in the OSD though to change the refresh rate. Only option regarding refresh rate is to enable Freesync and mine is turned off.

My laptop is 60hz and 720p display which it displayed for a minute.

On my pc last time it worked it was on 1440p and 144hz. The 144hz I selected in nvidia control panel as it was one of the options to select
    i5-4690k | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | GTX 1070 Asus Strix | Cooler Master 212X | 16GB G.Skill Sniper | Corsair AF120 x2 | Corsair RM850 | Crucial CT256MX100 SSD | 4TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler Master Scout II | Pixio PX277

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Icetto View Post
    There is no option in the OSD though to change the refresh rate. Only option is to enable Freesync and mine is turned off.

On my pc last time it worked it was on 1440p and 144hz. The 144hz I selected in nvidia control panel as it was one of the options to select
    You can custom tweak refresh rates on monitors with EVGA PrecisionX. OC'ing actually, I think that would be the best way to play around with the rates and see which works.
    Dell S2716DG | 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo SSD | Full Custom Water Loop | Corsair HX750i
    Intel i5 6600K
    32GB Ripjaws
    EVGA 1070 SC
    ROG IX Formula

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' View Post
    You can custom tweak refresh rates on monitors with EVGA PrecisionX. OC'ing actually, I think that would be the best way to play around with the rates and see which works.
    You can do the same in the nVidia control panel...providing the monitor shows up there.

Hmm, I wonder whether it's the lack of scaler tripping the monitor up.
    If it does show in the nVidia control panel go to the display size and position option and make sure the GPU is doing the scaling. Also set the resolution and refresh rate there.
    Intel Core i7-4770H | Gigabyte G1.Sniper.B5 (B85) | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | Antec HCG620W

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Then the screen just stays black. The monitor's power button is on but displaying nothing. It can even display the OSD.

Last night I decided to just test it again. Plug in the monitor and it displays logo and showed OSD and then hooked it up to my laptop. Laptop picks up the screen and it duplicated the image on my monitor but only for a minute and then image starts flickering a bit and then screen just goes black and I can't get it back no matter what I tried.
    You are too fixated on the frequency being the problem...

Since it doesn't work on the laptop's 60Hz the most probable cause would be that the back-light has failed (I have 2 screens with the same symptoms).
    Last edited by WiZard; 12-01-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Did you pay your tv licence?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiZard View Post
    You are too fixated on the frequency being the problem...

Since it doesn't work on the laptop's 60Hz the most probable cause would be that the back-light has failed (I have 2 screens with the same symptoms).
    Pixio finally replied and here is their response. Could this be the problem and is there anybody that could help me with the repair please?

We are extremely sorry that it took so long to respond to your contact.

We would like to have your unit returned for further inspection to see what the problem is exactly, but unfortunately due to high cost of shipping between South Africa and the US, providing the warranty repair is practically impossible.

From the information stated by you, we assume that the logic board of the unit might have been damaged or defective, in which a replacement of the logic board can be tried to fix the issue.

We can send you the logic board to you, but we are uncertain if you would be able to do the replacement procedure by yourself.

If you feel comfortable with electronic repairs, we can give it a try to have you replace the logic board on your own with some partial refund as our courtesy. (if only the problem is fixed).

Let us know of your thoughts
    i5-4690k | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | GTX 1070 Asus Strix | Cooler Master 212X | 16GB G.Skill Sniper | Corsair AF120 x2 | Corsair RM850 | Crucial CT256MX100 SSD | 4TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler Master Scout II | Pixio PX277

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Damn man, that sucks :-( At least they are willing to assist you with replacement parts!
    Replacement should be as simple as a few screws, and unplugging a couple of connectors.
    Biggest issue with these tasks, are usually getting to the parts. It depends heavily on how the monitor was constructed.
    I've opened up an old 27" sammy before ( this guy )
    Felt like I was going to snap the bezel a few times :-( It did not have any screws, the whole thing just clipped on, so had to pry open the clips one by one all around.
    So if you can play tetris/lego, you should be fine

Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Pixio finally replied and here is their response. Could this be the problem and is there anybody that could help me with the repair please?

We are extremely sorry that it took so long to respond to your contact.

We would like to have your unit returned for further inspection to see what the problem is exactly, but unfortunately due to high cost of shipping between South Africa and the US, providing the warranty repair is practically impossible.

From the information stated by you, we assume that the logic board of the unit might have been damaged or defective, in which a replacement of the logic board can be tried to fix the issue.

We can send you the logic board to you, but we are uncertain if you would be able to do the replacement procedure by yourself.

If you feel comfortable with electronic repairs, we can give it a try to have you replace the logic board on your own with some partial refund as our courtesy. (if only the problem is fixed).

Let us know of your thoughts
    Replacing the board should be very simple.

Try this in the mean time:

Hook the screen to your laptop, and set the laptop to duplicate displays (so that you know what the screen is supposed to be displaying).
    Take a flashlight and shine it onto (into) the screen from about 10mm away, if it is a dead backlight, you should be able to see the screen contents dimly.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Pixio has sent me a new logic board. Lets hope this work and that fitting it is not too difficult. Will have the part on 23rd of January

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Got the replacement logic board on Monday and fitted it last night. Monitor now works and 1440p @144hz is amazing. Hoping it stays like this now
    Last edited by Icetto; 27-01-2017 at 08:55 AM.