Percent received of goal amount for this month: (40%)
Please donate to, amongst other things, purchase and install modifications for Carbonite.co.za, the licensing fees for the Vbulletin software, and some of the hosting costs.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Describe Your Job Badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer_ZA View Post
    I am a sex worker....
    Lol en besigheid is maar stil seker.... Soos ek verstaan kort jy looks om dit te kan doen XD
    ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO / i7 6700 @ 3.4Ghz / GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 GAMING OC / 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 / EEN OF ANDER KAK CASE / CORSAIR CS750M PSU / DEEPCOOL 240 COOLER / CORSAIR M65 RGB / CYBORG V7.0 KEYBORD / SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD

Mentioned
    517 Post(s)

Jy kry voor die fok weet nie weer n freebie....

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I spend 12hrs a day on a swivel chair staring at a computer screen. - Programmer

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    ASUS P8P67 PRO || Intel i7 3770 || MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming Edition || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT || Aerocool Xpredator X3 Evil Black Edition || Deepcool Gammaxx S40

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I have dual roles.

First, I attempt to model data, use meta and master data to derive relationships between different data sets and then attempt to make predictive models - all the while trying to keep my brain from dying due to the amount of meetings I need to attend. (Data Scientist)
    Second, I am a glorified liaison officer that manages software requirements and support requests. (Product Manager)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Balls View Post
    I teach computers cause humans are stupid! (data scientist)
    OT: What formal education do you have?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XennoX View Post
    I have dual roles.

First, I attempt to model data, use meta and master data to derive relationships between different data sets and then attempt to make predictive models - all the while trying to keep my brain from dying due to the amount of meetings I need to attend. (Data Scientist)
    Second, I am a glorified liaison officer that manages software requirements and support requests. (Product Manager)

OT: What formal education do you have?
    I have a BSc in quantitative risk management and then a lot of short courses. What qualifications do you have?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I have a BSc in quantitative risk management and then a lot of short courses. What qualifications do you have?
    Awesome! I assumed something to do with risk when I posed the question. I'm imagining you work for one of those companies in Sandton (Discovery, Alexander Forbes, Alan Gray, PSG Wealth, etc)? Going to teach the machine to replace all the claims consultants?

Obtained: BSc in engineering (Civil). (Had a major focus on numerical analysis, systems analysis and optimisation with a minor focus on statistics and probability theory.)
    Will be working towards a BSc in applied mathematics and statistics, as of February.
    Minor: Smaller courses in fields like ML, data analytics, data warehousing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XennoX View Post
    Awesome! I assumed something to do with risk when I posed the question. I'm imagining you work for one of those companies in Sandton (Discovery, Alexander Forbes, Alan Gray, PSG Wealth, etc)? Going to teach the machine to replace all the claims consultants?

Obtained: BSc in engineering (Civil). (Had a major focus on numerical analysis, systems analysis and optimisation with a minor focus on statistics and probability theory.)
    Will be working towards a BSc in applied mathematics and statistics, as of February.
    Minor: Smaller courses in fields like ML, data analytics, data warehousing.
    Haha actually no, I worked for a credit bureau before and I'm at Tracker now. So busy automating some stuff for them and applying intelligence.

Lots of engineers in this field and software development guys. I just wished it was as rewarding as it is overseas...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I get stuff to people...sounds easy right

The hard part is educating people with ZERO common sense (this includes customers AND our sales force) about how logistics and supply chain works. Apparently 99% of the world is under the impression that if they just pick up a phone, stuff in the background just magically happens and they can have their shit instantaneously. Doesn't matter if the caller is in JHB and said shit is in CPT at this very moment ...

Warehouse & distribution manager

Like a wise man once said, the problem with common sense, is that's is not all that common.
    ~ i7-4790 ~ ASUS H97 Pro ~ 16Gb G.Skill 1600 ~ Gigabyte GTX 670 ~ MX100 SSD ~

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Haha actually no, I worked for a credit bureau before and I'm at Tracker now. So busy automating some stuff for them and applying intelligence.

Lots of engineers in this field and software development guys. I just wished it was as rewarding as it is overseas...

When did you start at tracker bud?

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Tracker the company who gets sponsored choppers from SAPS lol ...lucky