Percent received of goal amount for this month: (57%)
Please donate to, amongst other things, purchase and install modifications for Carbonite.co.za, the licensing fees for the Vbulletin software, and some of the hosting costs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

Potential server downtime

Hi Guys,

There may be some downtime soon (I'll give more details when I know).

We're scheduling to do a cloudflare installation, which means DNS propagation. Basically, for a couple of hours, you may be routed to the wrong IP address for the server, which means you may not reach the server at all.

I don't yet know when, but I'll let you guys know the moment we've scheduled it.

The idea of the installation is to block international IPs from reaching our server. This should free up some server resources and minimise downtime down the line.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Re: Potential server downtime

Noted

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What about guys like shockg that sells stuff from china? Will they still be able to use the site?
    NZXT H440 Razer Edition , Gigabyte Z170x Gaming G1 , Intel i7 6700k ,
    Corsair Veng 3200mhz 2x4gb CL 15 , ANTEC Edge 750w, 2 x GTX 980 MSI gaming,
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb x 2 Raid 0, LG 24GM77-B 144hz, Adata m.2 128gb SP900

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Maybe international peeps can be routed via a Gatekeeper. If they have a valid login they can be routed to the site? Does such a service exist?
    // Intel i7-4790K || Corsair H100i || MSI Z97 Gaming 7 || 16GB Corsair Dominators || Asus GTX980 STRIX \\
    // ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT || Corsair K70 Red || Razer Deathadder Chroma \\

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

Is he in china? He also doesn't seem very active at the moment. Two trades in the past 6 months, 12 in the past year, nothing in the last month.

@shockg, let me know if you're still active?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar View Post
    Is he in china? He also doesn't seem very active at the moment. Two trades in the past 6 months, 12 in the past year, nothing in the last month.

He is. bought some goods a couple of months ago. Might need return a motherboard this week to him.
    i7 5820K | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | H105 | 16GB Geil Luce | 900D | MSI GTX980 Ti | AX1200i Red Sleeved | RevoDrive 3 | Neutron GTX | Catleap Extreme2B 120Hz | K95 | M90 | Z5500 | TIAMATS

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

Then we need a way for these guys to contact us, in order to let us know, so that we can individually unblock them.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)

yeah ShockG may not be as active in the sales department, but his posts in the Tech section is some of the more helpful and informative

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

The idea of the installation is to block international IPs from reaching our server. This should free up some server resources and minimise downtime down the line.
    Why?
    saving for emigration | Maxwell 2 (GTX 9x0) BIOS tweaking

Mentioned
    297 Post(s)

ShockG's technical knowledge makes the rest of us look as if we're sleeping. He's not very active at the moment as he's incredibly snowed under with work (he runs the online magazine TheOverclocker, TheOverclocker - The world's only online overclocking and hardware magazine.) and right before that he was busy with the NAG OC Workshop at rAge.

People need to spend less time learning and more time thinking
    Remove the word "co-incidence" from your vocabulary. Now, re-evaluate the evidence.
    2x Xeon X5690 6 Core CPUs @ 4.4 GHz || EVGA Classified SR-2 || 48 GB DDR3-1600 || 2x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX TITAN || 1 TB Samsung SSD
    8 TB Storage || Corsair Obsidian 800D || Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 1200W || Creative Sound Blaster ZX Sound Card