Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)

Unwarranted Blame for Bad Deal

@Firestrm_ZA I see you said this in my itrader : Thanks for the work to fix the screen.

So why do you think it's still my fault when the evidence from what we found out in the bad deals thread points to the item being damaged during couriering?

As quoted from your post that is bold and underlined

Quote Originally Posted by Firestrm_ZA
    So closure to this story, tested the screen again at home. Same issue.

Googled till my eyes bled. Found the possible cause. Requiring me to strip the monitor down and get to the main PCB. It said one of the power wires to the screen panel itself in rare cases works itself slightly loose and causes the monitor to not turn on.

With screwdriver in hand, I set to my task and indeed found the wires inside all slightly loose. Replugged all these connections and rebuilt the monitor. .

As I now type this message to you all on my now working Yamakasi 1440p.
    @Mr-Day-Wing, I hope you learned a lesson from this, in how you deal with your buyers. Even though the solution was not a simple task I fixed it in the end.

Fire Out

This is something that happened during courier which should of been taken up with the courier. As you said in our chat on whats app that the packaging was excellent.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Re: Unwarranted Blame for Bad Deal

Yeah not to get on anyone's bad side but after reading that last post, I wondered if an apology was given to you Day-Wing...

I read the whole bad deals thread and did not comment as this is just one of those things that get misconstrued quite quickly..

Anyway I just thought that as you manned up and offered to give his funds back and take the monitor again, the last he could of done was give a visible apology as well as the fault was found and I'm sure you didn't open the monitor to disconnect the wire....

My 50c....

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
    NZXT Switch 810 SE || Antec TP750 || MSi Z97 MPower || i5 4670K @ 4.2Ghz || CM Nepton 280L || Dom. Plat. DDR3 2666Ghz 8GB Kit || MSi GTX680 Lightning || Samsung OEM 256gb SSD || 14TB Storage || Cooler Master Octane Combo || LG 29UM67 -P

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Lol I was also expecting the last post to be an apology to Mr-Day-Wing, the thread made it out as if Mr-Day-Wing sent a DOA monitor. The wire/s came loose during courier, not Mr-Day-Wing or Firestrm's fault, but Mr-Day-Wing was blamed.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

The way that last thread was handled by the staff on this forum was disgusting.

Especially for an Admin to make it so public hardly a day later. There's deals on here that are superior in all aspects in terms of bad deals and don't get blown to shreds like this did.

Day did everything a "bad deal" should have done in the end, refunds etc, with still no apology formally. All the hate generated which is so uncalled for against him was really sickening by the staff.

The likes Day's post got already is a clear indication that so many people agree with this. I can't wait for the excuses now incoming, the I have to have the last "I am God" say.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

CUDlyBunny is offline Official Forum Cunt (insert here)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I was very confused with how this was handled, in one thread mods are saying shipping is at the buyer's risk but when a mod was the buyer not only did he not wait a respectful amount of time to make a bad deal's thread, he's gone and demanded a refund when it looks like shipping is to blame. From the outside it looks as if selling to mods comes with a different set of rules.

After twisting Day's arm he agreed to refund @Firestrm_ZA the full amount to receive a screen that was working when he sent it, meanwhile when Day wanted a refund for the same monitor from the person he bought it from he was shutdown by the seller who said it was good when he sent it and that shipping was at the buyer's risk.

After the screen was repaired Day was then criticized for how he handled the situation and left with a poor itrader after the situation had been fully resolved, what was the need for this?
    Price drop? What school of finance did you come from? It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the Sale of the ***** Century! In fact, **** it, I think I'll keep it!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

So much truth spoken in this thread!! I agree 100% with how badly it was handled by staff.

I've never understood the "God mode" from site owners. Without the community and their respect, trust and happiness there is nothing.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Somehow methinks this and original post was a spoof post?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Sooo

After reading all this i thought i would add my 10c before i go to bed.

I bought a Qnix screen from Mr day about a month ago or so,

I was happy with info i received from him, yes dead pixel and all, he sent screen shots which helped alot to make my decision.

Knowing the full risks of transporting a screen, there unfortunately is no other way to get it too me.

Packaging was 100% everything in order, communication is key in these instances and that is were the trust comes into play.

He followed up from minute it left his possession to it being received on my end and even helped me when i asked about overclocking settings, he went out of his way and that shows me what a genuine guy he is.

If i was unhappy i would have said so to him, and not carry it out as an act of fix this now or prepare too leave for good, i don't have that power nor would i want that as we are equals here, both having something the other party wanted. that too me sounds like an easy way to get what you want, and when you might not get your way tough, its my way or the highway.

There are many deals here on Carb, some with members with low Itraders some with well lets say the highest, Its always going to be a risk and nothing makes you more special or exempt than the other person, PERIOD.

I base all my dealings on the relationship i have with the people here and that i create, i would go as far as saying i trust them as a friend even though i never have personally met them.

So this made me feel quite sad how proceedings turned .
    Intel 4770k | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | Corsair Vengeance 16GIG | Asus GTX 1080 TI |Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb SSD | Corsair H100 | LG 34UC79G @144hz

Mentioned
    439 Post(s)

@adielk It also kinda felt like it when I started reading it yesterday, but I don't think so.

I still stand by what I said yesterday, and Day did exactly that. He offered a refund when it came down to it. I too feel that he didn't deserve the itrader that he got. As far as I can see, it wasn't bad, but it shouldn't have been neutral either. Yes things got out of hand very quickly and tempers (and egos) got the better of some. But in the end it wasn't either party's fault and neither should get a bad/neutral rating.