Thanks Thanks:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Career Advice - useful and meaningful short qualifications for finance jobs

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to dip into the font of Carbonite knowledge - would anyone know of any worthwhile (good value and application) courses that I could take that would add value or help me advance in the finance sector (not financial advice but more around the admin/numbers side).

I do have my RE5 already and a BCom.

Much appreciated!
    I am in deep fire but think that I see land ahead.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Career Advice - useful and meaningful short qualifications for finance jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Hi everyone,

I was hoping to dip into the font of Carbonite knowledge - would anyone know of any worthwhile (good value and application) courses that I could take that would add value or help me advance in the finance sector (not financial advice but more around the admin/numbers side).

I do have my RE5 already and a BCom.

Much appreciated!
    In the same boat as you. Subbing to this as I would like to know too
    i7 4790 | Asus Maximus vii Hero | Antec Kuhler 920 | 16gb ddr3 Kingston Hyper-X @ 1866mhz | MSI GAMING X GTX 1080 | Corsair HX 750 watt | 4TB storage, Sandisk 256gb SSD

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by durimotara View Post
    In the same boat as you. Subbing to this as I would like to know too
    Oh, okay, what do you do?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Oh, okay, what do you do?
    Auditing for the past 2 years but would like to get out of that, yourself?
    i7 4790 | Asus Maximus vii Hero | Antec Kuhler 920 | 16gb ddr3 Kingston Hyper-X @ 1866mhz | MSI GAMING X GTX 1080 | Corsair HX 750 watt | 4TB storage, Sandisk 256gb SSD

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

I would like to find work in a stable part of the Middle East. I know a few SA people there but if you ask for advice or help they run a mile like you coming to steal their jobs or some shit but this seems to be SA folk all over..

Really hoping to find a recruiter to guide me here in SA.
    People who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us that do - Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sal12345 View Post
    I would like to find work in a stable part of the Middle East. I know a few SA people there but if you ask for advice or help they run a mile like you coming to steal their jobs or some shit but this seems to be SA folk all over..

Really hoping to find a recruiter to guide me here in SA.
    Lol I've noticed this too but like you said its all South Africans really.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by durimotara View Post
    Auditing for the past 2 years but would like to get out of that, yourself?
    Credit insurance (which I thoroughly enjoy) - there is really nothing more than the RE exams in SA.

I was hoping someone could know something that could help build up knowledge that could be useful and relevant'ish

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This be a bump.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'v got no knowledge on the subject unfort, but where do you see yourself going with your career? Eventually starting a company? Working your way up the corporate ladder? Moving overseas? I'd say think about that if you've not done so, and then workout how you will bridge the gap. Off the top of my head I would think that learning way to automate tasks would go along way.

Heard a story recently of some dude who was hired to do some data analysis work and had a programming background, so he automated the task and could get all his work done in ~15min per day with 99% accuracy, when the others in his department would take a week and have ~70% accuracy. Needless to say the others felt threatened and singled him out at "lazy"...
    4770K @ 4.6Ghz | Noctua D14 | Maximus Z97 Hero | 2x 8GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz @ 2,1Ghz | 960 Evo 250GB NVME | WD Red 3TB | 620W CM M-Pro semi-modular | Corsair 600T | K95 RGB | Razer Orochi.