Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Upington
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    I have 7 of these jetstream cards from 1070 up to 1080ti, and even the 1080ti barely makes a sound while mining. The jetstream cooler is so effective on my 1080s that the fans sometimes power off for certain algos and the cards never go above 58 with a 35+ ambient. If I might make a suggestion, turn you powertune down to 85-90, depending on your case and the airflow your fans might not even exceed 40%.
    Intel i7 7800X | ASUS PRIME X299-A | 16gb GSKILL TRIDENTZ 3200MH | Palit GTX1080 SLI | 256GB Transcend SSD | Raijintek Triton 240 | InWin 303C | EVGA 850W GOLD

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    ScapeGoatTown
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    no, all GPUs will void the warranty if you tamper with the way it came to you,
    However, Arctic Accelero is the best and only aftermarket GPU cooling solutions available -

    I have a blower GTX970 I'm trying to fix up currently with the above, as it is shutting my PC down when playing games, due to getting excessively hot ;( its sad; weather In cape town is also partly to blame;

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix View Post
    no, all GPUs will void the warranty if you tamper with the way it came to you,
    However, Arctic Accelero is the best and only aftermarket GPU cooling solutions available -

    I have a blower GTX970 I'm trying to fix up currently with the above, as it is shutting my PC down when playing games, due to getting excessively hot ;( its sad; weather In cape town is also partly to blame;
    From what I understand, this isn't true as EVGA allows their coolers to be replaced while keeping the card in warranty.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Milnerton, Slaap Stad
    Posts
    2,428
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by SativaPhoenix View Post
    no, all GPUs will void the warranty if you tamper with the way it came to you,
    However, Arctic Accelero is the best and only aftermarket GPU cooling solutions available -

    I have a blower GTX970 I'm trying to fix up currently with the above, as it is shutting my PC down when playing games, due to getting excessively hot ;( its sad; weather In cape town is also partly to blame;
    I don't see how they would police that unless there was a sticker over one of the screw sockets that said 'void if removed'. Surely, anyone with a bit of nouse would know how to replace a cooler?
    | i3 8100 / Gigabyte Z370XP Sli / TridentZ 3000 RGB 16gigs / HAF 922 / Corsair RM750i / Gigabyte 1070 / Nuprime uDSD / Sennheiser Momentum 2/ Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyJamma View Post
    I don't see how they would police that unless there was a sticker over one of the screw sockets that said 'void if removed'. Surely, anyone with a bit of nouse would know how to replace a cooler?
    Not sure if serious?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Milnerton, Slaap Stad
    Posts
    2,428
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    Not sure if serious?
    I am. How would they tell without taking the card apart themselves?
    | i3 8100 / Gigabyte Z370XP Sli / TridentZ 3000 RGB 16gigs / HAF 922 / Corsair RM750i / Gigabyte 1070 / Nuprime uDSD / Sennheiser Momentum 2/ Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyJamma View Post
    I am. How would they tell without taking the card apart themselves?
    Cards come with stickers/seals over screws and other vital pieces needed to remove the heatsink. Just like with PSU's, hard drives and some other hardware. So if the sticker/seal is tampered with or broken, they know the card has been fiddled with. Goodbye warranty.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Milnerton, Slaap Stad
    Posts
    2,428
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    Cards come with stickers/seals over screws and other vital pieces needed to remove the heatsink. Just like with PSU's, hard drives and some other hardware. So if the sticker/seal is tampered with or broken, they know the card has been fiddled with. Goodbye warranty.
    Well yes, if you break that then they will know but I've had a few cards where the sticker is on the PCB so you can't do what you want.

    Obvious warranty sticker is obvious.
    | i3 8100 / Gigabyte Z370XP Sli / TridentZ 3000 RGB 16gigs / HAF 922 / Corsair RM750i / Gigabyte 1070 / Nuprime uDSD / Sennheiser Momentum 2/ Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyJamma View Post
    Well yes, if you break that then they will know but I've had a few cards where the sticker is on the PCB so you can't do what you want.

    Obvious warranty sticker is obvious.
    Really? I stand corrected then. Have never come accross a piece of hardware where the sticker isnt over a vital screw or component in disassembling the hardware.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cape Town Northern Suburbs
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,692
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

    Re: Palit GTX 1080 Jetstream Aftermarket cooler compatibility

    Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    Really? I stand corrected then. Have never come accross a piece of hardware where the sticker isnt over a vital screw or component in disassembling the hardware.
    Powercolor Zotac Gigabyte Galax Evga.. no sticker.

    This is just the brands I own right now
    People who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us that do - Isaac Asimov

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •