Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Best fans for Phanteks Evolv MATX

Greetings all

ok so i need some more airflow in my case as the 2 Phanteks fans i have in the front aren't dong shiiiit.
    Need some advise, do i go for AF or SP.
    The case has a pretty tight dust filter in the front that works well so i would think SP would be a better option although i'm not sure, hence me asking here.

Was planning on staying with Phanteks but there seems to be extremely low stock atm and can't wait till march.

So hit me up with some suggestions.

TIA
    ||i7 7700||Phanteks PH-TC14PE||MSI Z270 Mortar||16GB Crucial Ballistics 2400||2 x 512GB Lite-On SSD||LG 34UM68||MSI Gaming X 1070 8GB||Corsair AX750||Phanteks Evolv MATX||

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Re: Best fans for Phanteks Evolv MATX

Focus on SP as that make a big difference, especially will a grill in front. Id get the ML series but they are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | i3 8100 / Gigabyte Z370XP Sli / TridentZ 3000 RGB 16gigs / HAF 922 / Corsair RM750i / Gigabyte 1070 [incoming] / Nuprime uDSD / Sennheiser Momentum 2/ Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

None, that case runs hot AF

Even looking like what mine did at a stage

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJamma View Post
    Focus on SP as that make a big difference, especially will a grill in front. Id get the ML series but they are expensive.

Was looking at the ML's.
    120's or 140's?

||i7 7700||Phanteks PH-TC14PE||MSI Z270 Mortar||16GB Crucial Ballistics 2400||2 x 512GB Lite-On SSD||LG 34UM68||MSI Gaming X 1070 8GB||Corsair AX750||Phanteks Evolv MATX||

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Sheep View Post
    Was looking at the ML's.
    120's or 140's?

Bigger is always better. Id rather have zero exhaust fans and a ton of inflow to create positive air pressure. YouTube it as to why its more important to have high air pressure

| i3 8100 / Gigabyte Z370XP Sli / TridentZ 3000 RGB 16gigs / HAF 922 / Corsair RM750i / Gigabyte 1070 [incoming] / Nuprime uDSD / Sennheiser Momentum 2/ Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJamma View Post
    Bigger is always better. I’d rather have zero exhaust fans and a ton of inflow to create positive air pressure. YouTube it as to why it’s more important to have high air pressure

In my personal experience that creates a ton of dust bunny build up.

And I do not believe all these YouTube videos apply to every single build.

It is all about trial and error.
    Especially in this, not having enough airflow getting pulled out will leave LOTS of hot air in the case.

I had a custom loop, LOTS of Big fans, normal amount of fans in this case. Name it and I had the configuration.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I had a good experience with the Bitfenix Pro 140s in my Enthoo Evolv ATX. I still run them in the Define r4 now. I guess they fall into a sort of balance between SP and AF when looking at their design. My CPU would run ~66 degrees (4770k h110i gt aio) GPU ~54 degrees (980ti h90 aio) iirc. Both rads exhausting, Bitfenix all round except on the H90 which had its original fan. I don't remember ever worrying about my thermal figures, the Evolv ATX is not renowned for its cooling abilities either.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uns33ndamage View Post
    I had a good experience with the Bitfenix Pro 140s in my Enthoo Evolv ATX. I still run them in the Define r4 now. I guess they fall into a sort of balance between SP and AF when looking at their design. My CPU would run ~66 degrees (4770k h110i gt aio) GPU ~54 degrees (980ti h90 aio) iirc. Both rads exhausting, Bitfenix all round except on the H90 which had its original fan. I don't remember ever worrying about my thermal figures, the Evolv ATX is not renowned for its cooling abilities either.
    For some reason it is always strange to me that guys put their AIO rads as exhaust units. Unless there is no other way or not enough space.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Probably due to marketing. Often the product images depict them as exhaust. In the Evolv, I was unable to have a 280+140 as intake. It worked and looked tidy, thats what mattered to me at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uns33ndamage View Post
    Probably due to marketing. Often the product images depict them as exhaust. In the Evolv, I was unable to have a 280+140 as intake. It worked and looked tidy, thats what mattered to me at the end of the day.
    Ahh you did not remove the little cover by the PSU cover?

It just seems a bit counter productive especially if CPU and GPU are water cooled. As you are trying to cool the air in the rad with hot "used" air instead of fresh cold air.

But yeah, I guess this is not always possible. Just seen many people go straight to sticking rads on as exhausts