Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

[SPONSORED] - Project Night King

Hey everyone!

Happy 2018 to you all! Hope this year will be everything that you want and more so, better than 2017.

With that being said, a new year, a new build! (one of them for now until I start the second one hehe)

I have invested in some new camera gear, to deliver nothing but the best photography and video (to come soon) that I can, so that you all can enjoy the logs as they get uploaded.

As this mod (and the other one) are both going to be tower mods, you can expect more rapid uploads as we are aiming to have both completed for EGE 2018!

Bit of background:

Thermaltake HQ contacted me and asked whether I'd be interested in a collaboration build with them, as they haven't worked with a South African modder before, of course I said I'd love to!

I was asked to provide a list of the products I'd like to get from them for the mod, and I get to choose the theme!

This theme as stated in the title will be 'Project Night King', based on the Night King character from Game of Thrones

Hardware:

I am proud to be working with ASUS South Africa again, so I requested the ASUS Maximus X Formula (as we will be watercooling this rig), along with the ASUS ROG Poseidon Platinum GeForce GtX1080Ti!

Needless to say, I am super stoked for this build, so without further adéu, here are the first impressions...

For those of you that like that feeling of peeling the plastic off...

New refined m.2 Heatsink (all metal):

Some glamour shots of the card...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

Re: [SPONSORED] - Project Night King

Joh... Nice board nice GPU wow!! Good luck with the build sure it will look epic

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Core i7 5820K||Asus X99 Delux||16 Gig Dominator Platinums RAM||Samsung 750 500Gb SSD||Asus GTX 1080 Strix||Corsair H115i||Corsair M65 RGB White||Red Dragon Kb||CX850 PSU||

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Subbed

I want to see this build

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    Joh... Nice board nice GPU wow!! Good luck with the build sure it will look epic

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Thanks bud!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Another day, another update.

So as stated earlier, the chassis that Thermaltake sponsored, is the Tower 900 Snow White (below)

A closeup of the side panel:

Of course who doesn't love them sexy magnetic filters...

I cut and mounted hessian material to the motherboard tray to give it a more authentic look:

Yes, this mod will be textured

As always, this signature technique of mine is all done by hand, including the paint effects

A first taste of what to expect with the exterior of the rig...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Time for another update!

Here's what the chassis looks like at the moment.

Where there is white on the outside, it will be textured

Now we've come to a fun part of my builds, taking a look at the watercooling goodies!

Thermaltake really didn't shy away from providing some serious kit for this build

Here's one of the D5 pumps:

One of the reservoirs:

CPU Block (already painted to look the part):

Now the fittings are really exciting, these are called 'M-Pro' fittings, they're a bit more complicated than your typical fittings as they have 3 parts and 3 seals.

As these will be dual independent loops, there will be dual 360mm radiators:

And lastly, dual in-line temp sensors

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I know quite a few people have been asking how I do the painting effects, so I made a short video showing the painting on the 'Project Night King' build

Mentioned
    466 Post(s)

[ENTER LINE FROM MOVIE]

"You Are Tearing Me Apart [ENTER SPHINXMOD INSTEAD]"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Hey everyone, is there anything in particular you guys want more detail on with this build?

Be it more photos on a specific part, or more details on how something is done?

I want to make these build logs more interactive, so that you as the followers can also get a say into what is shown

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I want to see more of the actual changes, IE panting of case, very custom loop and how you changed it...

I want to see how you changed the originals and made them yours, if you know what i mean :P