Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

iTrader rating dispute

Hi Mods, hopefully I posted this in the correct section.
    Please can you review the iTrader rating given to me by user Chrisflex for my sale of a set of headphones (http://carbonite.co.za/showthread.ph...ing-headphones).

An offer was made by him on the 26/12 via pm stating that he would collect the headphones, to which I made a counter offer and asked that he let me know.
    On the 27/12 he said he would be in Boksburg and asked that we meet somewhere in that area, I replied saying that I was away on Holiday in KZN and that I would only be back home on the 30/12.
    On the 29/12 another user got in touch and said he will definitely take the headphones and that he will collect it from me the following week, I agreed as there was no response from Chrisflex.
    On the 30/12 Chrisflex pm'd me saying he would like to take the headphones. This was the first time he said he would take them. I probably should have, but, I did not reply as reception was sketchy.
    On the 01/01 Chrisflex pm'd saying that the 2nd was his last day in SA. Again, I did not reply the same day as I was driving from KZN to JHB.
    On the 03/01 I sent a pm to Chrisflex saying that I ended up leaving KZN later than expected because I got the flu, and that I had promised the headphones to another user (not that it mattered since he was out of the country). I also offered to try and get another set for him at the same price if he wanted. He declined and gave me a negative rating.

I think that a negative rating is unfair, as firstly, he did not say that he would take them until the 30th (by which time they were already spoken for); He could argue by saying he is coming to Boksburg on the 27th, that means he is taking them, but then that would invalidated as he wanted me to meet him there which is contrary to his offer to collect them (Boskburg is quite a distance from Randburg, 45 minutes drive ), and then when I told him of my unavailability he did not respond until the 30th, by which time I had a firm offer.

Secondly, he was supposedly out of the country by the time I returned, making the deal impossible in any event.

Finally, I offered to remedy the situation by getting another set of identical headphones in identically new condition for him at the same price, but he declined.

All pm's are still in my inbox, so you can check them to confirm dates and accuracy, and there were no other forms of communication between us other than pm.

Thanks.

regards,
    Avir

Toxxyc is offline Official Reseller Enforcer
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)

Re: iTrader rating dispute

First off, we can't view PMs. It's private between you and the person you're chatting to.
    @Chrisflex, I spoke to you via PM a bit earlier, but please post your side here.

Everyone else, stay out of this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agreed to buy the earphones the seller had up for sale.

When I wanted to collect or arrange a midway meeting to exchange money and goods I was told by the seller that he was away for the next few days.

I waited and as the time approached for the seller to return I sent some pms inquiring when I could collect.

He did not respond for a few days and the next thing he says he has sold it to someone else.

Had I known this sale wo7ld not materialize I would have continued shopping for a set elsewhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    First off, we can't view PMs. It's private between you and the person you're chatting to.
    @Chrisflex, I spoke to you via PM a bit earlier, but please post your side here.

Everyone else, stay out of this.
    ok, well let me know if you need screenshot or something.

Mentioned
    466 Post(s)

OK so the stories don't match. Please post the PMs or something here so I can take a look.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

An iTrader rating should be used to rate the experience of a completed deal. For the purposes of iTrader the deal may be reviewed once both parties have agreed on the deal and the only step left is payment / delivery / collection. iTraders given for deals not reaching this point will be removed. FOR EXAMPLE: You may give a neutral/negative rating because the other party called off the deal, didn't pitch up or sold the item to someone else once you've reached an agreement and they did not reasonably communicate a decent reason for the change of circumstances. There must be proof of the communication or lack thereof. For clarity: there is a distinction between asking someone to hold an item before they make up their mind (not a completed deal) and asking someone to hold something because they have made up their mind and are waiting for something to happen after which they will definitely take it (completed deal). Remember this applies to both seller and buyer.
    iTrader is not to be used for personal grudges.

???
    ||i7 4770k||MSI Z97 Gaming 5||Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme||Crucial Balistix Tactical Tracer 16GB||Corsair H110i GT||Samsung 840 Evo||Corsair K70 RGB||Logitech G502||Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG||Antec Edge 750w||HyperX Cloud II||Asus ROG Sheath||Asus ROG PG348Q||

Mentioned
    466 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgeir View Post
    An iTrader rating should be used to rate the experience of a completed deal. For the purposes of iTrader the deal may be reviewed once both parties have agreed on the deal and the only step left is payment / delivery / collection. iTraders given for deals not reaching this point will be removed. FOR EXAMPLE: You may give a neutral/negative rating because the other party called off the deal, didn't pitch up or sold the item to someone else once you've reached an agreement and they did not reasonably communicate a decent reason for the change of circumstances. There must be proof of the communication or lack thereof. For clarity: there is a distinction between asking someone to hold an item before they make up their mind (not a completed deal) and asking someone to hold something because they have made up their mind and are waiting for something to happen after which they will definitely take it (completed deal). Remember this applies to both seller and buyer.
    iTrader is not to be used for personal grudges.

???
    Did you read my first post, dude?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Did you read my first post, dude?
    Apologies missed that bit, meant no harm by posting basic rules, didn't mean to interfere or give an opinion
    ||i7 4770k||MSI Z97 Gaming 5||Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme||Crucial Balistix Tactical Tracer 16GB||Corsair H110i GT||Samsung 840 Evo||Corsair K70 RGB||Logitech G502||Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG||Antec Edge 750w||HyperX Cloud II||Asus ROG Sheath||Asus ROG PG348Q||

Mentioned
    466 Post(s)

I saw the PMs in order. Thanks for being honest, @wildcard101. However, and unfortunately, this is exactly the type of reason the rule to allow iTraders for these deals were made. The iTrader is valid.