Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Re: (Corsair Air240) Dual m-ITX System build

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    yep, it is never a WHY, but rather, WHY NOT

and yes, I would do the same as it was also 1 of my own plans to have a full system combined with a mITX system that will be my own storage setup and will just network link the 2

for some reason though, I still find myself preferring to have 2 dedicated PSUs, instead of the whole splitting (yes yes, real estate would matter)

but it is looking promising so will be keeping an eye on this one
    Don't get me wrong, I understand why one would want such a thing for numerous reasons. But if its just network storage, or NAS purpose, a Pi would suffice (less space)? I just don't get the actual benefit of this build besides fun building it using his choice of components.

If I was to build a two or more board system, it would be same boards and stack them. Something like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...w=1088&bih=538

After this I looked into modular and parallel computing. Best solutions I found where Portwell and Trenton systems, single board computers:

https://www.trentonsystems.com/processor-boards

http://portwell.com/products/sbc.php

These are for rendering farms mostly, least amount of space, modular computing.

This is his wants/concept, just professionally thought out for industrial use. Perhaps this is of interest for educational purposes.
    Last edited by Dutchdog; 13-12-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    1. Do not pay upfront to new members with no iTrader, no shipping/courier but do a face2face deal to inspect goods or pay when goods received. 2. If its to good to be true it usualy is. 3. Scammers prey on wanted threads 4. Read bad deals thread / Forum rules.

Mentioned
    466 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchdog View Post
    *snip*
    no indeed. that "WHY NOT" is also accompanied of course with a touch of "IF YOU HAVE THE PARTS"...

I would also not go and do it if 1) I didn't have the parts or 2) didn't have the funds/space...

lots of ways the same could be achieved as you say, so definitely just his choice of doing it this way...

one could even do the second system off of 1 of those Tiny Lenovo systems, so yeah, options...

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

One can just build something because they have the parts and create a frankenstein or really think things out to function and find the best solution for their needs, cost wise and parts wise. I am all for creating something yet I would not spend time and money if I know there where already better solutions out there for my particular needs. The only reason here I can see is a "I can do it why not its fun factor." which obviously is good enough, go ahead and have fun.
    1. Do not pay upfront to new members with no iTrader, no shipping/courier but do a face2face deal to inspect goods or pay when goods received. 2. If its to good to be true it usualy is. 3. Scammers prey on wanted threads 4. Read bad deals thread / Forum rules.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchdog View Post
    *Snip*
    Yep, like you said mainly for the fun factor, most of the parts were already on hand. For my needs this could all be replaced by a HP gen8 microserver with a xeon cpu and a gpu. So If you have the parts why not ?

"Pity I am not a mod, would have lit his ass on fire."
    - ScorpioMan86 Before he was a Mod