Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Help !!! I'm stuck

soh I currently have an i3 2100 with a GIGABYTE GA-P75 D3 With a Sapphire R7 254 2GB

I want to know if I should swap my mobo and cpu for the

Amd a8-7670k with radeon r7.
    MSI A68HM Grenade.

And then crossfire the apu's R7 with my R7

Or should I stick with the intel

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Re: Help !!! I'm stuck

TL;DR Do your own research, decide if it is worth the effort.

Start by reviewing the Grenade motherboard.
    Then look at reviews on your CPU vs the new one (not just CPU-compare sites, read an actual review with graphs and shit).
    Confirm the onboard GPU of the AMD CPU.
    Look for reviews that do crossfire tests of that onboard with a dedicated GPU, note the kind of performance increase you will get with/without crossfire enabled.

It isn't just about the performance bump that you are hoping to get.
    Hardware warranty, who used it before, was it well looked after, are you gaining or losing features etc etc etc all come into the equation.
    If you cannot put what improvement you are getting into numbers then you are not upgrading, you are gambling.
    Make the effort and do some research, it will leave you with a more realistic outlook on the situation.
    i5 3570K @ 4.0Ghz | ASUS P8P67 Evo | 8Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair AX750 | Adata SU800 128GB | FD Arc Midi R2 | Mionix Castor | CM Quickfire (MX black) | DELL U2412M |

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Help !!! I'm stuck

http://www.game-debate.com/cpu/index...i3-2100-3-1ghz

The A8 is much better than your i3 and if you run it in dual graphics with the R7, you will see noticeable gains.

Cheers
    i7-3770 @ 4.2 GHz 1.19V | Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z | 16GB XPG V3 1866 | 2 x 128GB SSD RAID 0 | 1TB HDD | Asus Strix RX 480 8GB Gaming | Thermaltake Smart SE 730W | 4048 x 1080 triple display Eyefinity | Lynx AES16e | Antec Kühler H600 Pro | Cooler Master Silencio 550