Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Re: What coolant do you use?

Distilled water is all I use.... I would hate to stain my tubing plus I actually like how plain water looks in the tubing
    CM Cosmos | MSI Z97 Sli Krait | i7 4770k Ultracooled | 2x4GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz | EVGA FTW GTX1080 | Seasonic M12II EVO 620 | Intel 520 240GB | Custom WC Loop| Aoc Agon AG241QX | Xonar D1 - Astro Mixamp - JBL S700 | Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire | Roccat Kone XTD

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Well I am not looking to stay with plain distilled; but I just wanted to see what other people were running
    I do 3D printing! Check out my thread HERE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    watch too much Jayz

yes, distilled should be fine WITH a silver kill coil
    You got me!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

If you have any nickel plated blocks in your system, stay away from Silver! Also, I highly recommend not to run just distilled water for long if you don't like taking apart your blocks every 6 months to clean corrosion, specifically copper blocks.

If you did run silver or other metals in the system I recommend flushing the system and plan to change the fluid every 6 months to be safe.

Advantage of using a concentrate is that it already has anti corrosives and kills any growth in the system. (EK concentrate doesn't even evaporate). The downside to concentrate is you can make a mistake with a mix ratio. The pre mixes come in to help out to avoid any mistakes.

End of the day it all depends what you're running in the system and I had to learn the hard way the lesson of just using "distilled water + kill coil".
    8600k@5ghz asus z370-e/gskill 16GB 3866/1080ti strix/Custom Loop/840Evo 500GB; 830Pro 512GB;m.2 950pro 256GB|Seasonic 1050|XL2730Z|AKG Q701; K7XX|V-MODA M100|Audioengine A5+D1DAC
    FreeNAS/xeon e3-1226 v3 / 16gb ecc ram/ supermicro x10sae / 12tb - DS214play

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GunfighterAK View Post
    If you have any nickel plated blocks in your system, stay away from Silver! Also, I highly recommend not to run just distilled water for long if you don't like taking apart your blocks every 6 months to clean corrosion, specifically copper blocks.

If you did run silver or other metals in the system I recommend flushing the system and plan to change the fluid every 6 months to be safe.

Advantage of using a concentrate is that it already has anti corrosives and kills any growth in the system. (EK concentrate doesn't even evaporate). The downside to concentrate is you can make a mistake with a mix ratio. The pre mixes come in to help out to avoid any mistakes.

End of the day it all depends what you're running in the system and I had to learn the hard way the lesson of just using "distilled water + kill coil".
    Thanks for the info! I shall keep it in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi gents,

Got a somewhat related question. I built my loop about a month ago and now need to drain it to put in another GPU. (Tough life I know). Anyways, can I just recycle and put the drained fluid back into the loop and top it off with some distilled water or do I need to chuck it and and start from fresh?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jladan View Post
    Hi gents,

Got a somewhat related question. I built my loop about a month ago and now need to drain it to put in another GPU. (Tough life I know). Anyways, can I just recycle and put the drained fluid back into the loop and top it off with some distilled water or do I need to chuck it and and start from fresh?
    I recycle sometimes but only if there is no gunk in the liquid, I know the mix is right and the age.
    8600k@5ghz asus z370-e/gskill 16GB 3866/1080ti strix/Custom Loop/840Evo 500GB; 830Pro 512GB;m.2 950pro 256GB|Seasonic 1050|XL2730Z|AKG Q701; K7XX|V-MODA M100|Audioengine A5+D1DAC
    FreeNAS/xeon e3-1226 v3 / 16gb ecc ram/ supermicro x10sae / 12tb - DS214play

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jladan View Post
    Hi gents,

I have recycled my liquid twice now. As long as there is nothing wrong at all (For example I had some nasty gunk in my tubing, which led me to throw the liquid away) then I say go for it but don't make a habit out of it. Distilled water is pretty cheap but the concentrates are not.