Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Question What coolant do you use?

Hi everyone,
    Super simple question; what coolant do you use in your loop and why?
    For the moment, I am running straight distilled water until I can get my hands on some EK coolant from Titan-Ice at the end of this month.
    I do 3D printing! Check out my thread HERE

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Re: What coolant do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoo1014 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    For the moment, I am running straight distilled water until I can get my hands on some EK coolant from Titan-Ice at the end of this month.
    Do you have a coil or something similar in? If you do then I see no reason why not to use pure distilled water. As long as there is something to keep stuff from growing =D

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Do you have a coil or something similar in? If you do then I see no reason why not to use pure distilled water. As long as there is something to keep stuff from growing =D
    To be honest, I am not using anything right now because I was going to be using a concentrate as soon as I could get my hands on it. So right now I am trying to see what people use and why they use it in hopes of getting a feeling for it all. I am very new to watercooling and custom loops (CUD hit me HARD.), so this is just a quest for knowledge. ONWARD!

I am also having a bit of an issue with plasticizer leeching into my loop because of the cheap PVC that I am using. I am also thinking Titan Ice because of their tubing which I have had my hands on; and a friend has too, and he has not had any issues in the past. I am specifically going for clear tubing as well.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

To be honest, I am not using anything right now because I was going to be using a concentrate as soon as I could get my hands on it. So right now I am trying to see what people use and why they use it in hopes of getting a feeling for it all. I am very new to watercooling and custom loops (CUD hit me HARD.), so this is just a quest for knowledge. ONWARD!

I am also having a bit of an issue with plasticizer leeching into my loop because of the cheap PVC that I am using. I am also thinking Titan Ice because of their tubing which I have had my hands on; and a friend has too, and he has not had any issues in the past. I am specifically going for clear tubing as well.
    I ran distilled water with a coil for quite a while and had no issues and temps were normal. Just got coolant when I wanted to change the color. Some coolant also feels to be very thick to me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yeah I was doing some research and they said that you should be fine for a little while with nothing in; so I am not stressing. I am very aesthetically orientated so I would also get it mainly for the colour; I mean, I am not even running an unlocked CPU (yet).

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Hi everyone,
    I use the tears of my slain foes!
    Reason? Because what is better than using the tears of your defeated enemies?

I7 6700 - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix - MAXIMUS Ranger - 32GB Hyper X DDR4 2400MHZ - 2x 500GB Crucial SSD

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D3TTOL View Post
    I use the tears of my slain foes!
    Reason? Because what is better than using the tears of your defeated enemies?
    I approve of this post. For... Reasons.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I use the EK Cryofuel pre-mix.

Reason is because of the additives to prevent growth, build up, help with temps etc.

However, I have my eye on the new Primochill VUE range of coolant. It's that aurora effect, without the problems associated with it and apparently also cleans the blocks as you use it

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SphinxMods View Post

Reason is because of the additives to prevent growth, build up, help with temps etc.

However, I have my eye on the new Primochill VUE range of coolant. It's that aurora effect, without the problems associated with it and apparently also cleans the blocks as you use it
    I just watched that JayzTwoCents video actually. Was pretty cool. While Primochill say that they shouldn't be used as daily drivers; I would be very curious to see just how long they last before losing their effect as the Mayhems Aurora did.

Mentioned
    467 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SphinxMods View Post

watch too much Jayz

yes, distilled should be fine WITH a silver kill coil