Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Re: But will it play Crysis?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRay View Post
    My first memory of this game as before I had my first pc. My friends brother had just bought the limited edition of it and I remember watching him unbox the metal cd case it came in. That game seemed like it was the T*ts and It was only till about 2009 that I eventually played it on my own pc. That and the hard copy version of Unreal tournament 3 is the reason I ever picked up gaming. Not a single hour has been regretted since.
    I remember a time before Crysis was a thing, back when FarCry 1 was the bees knees, and Crysis was announced as the 2nd FarCry.
    What a shock it was when we realised we no longer got to shoot those monkey like things that gave us nightmares in FarCry 1.
    I7-2600 | Asrock Z77 Fatality Performance | 8gb DDR3 1333 Ram | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060 6gb | Gigabyte Odin 585w | Phanteks P400s | Redragon Deverajas | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Redragon Siren 2 Headset

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Far Cry 1...I still have the DVD for it somewhere in my cupboard. I ran into an issue when back on my old PC it would turn the sand blue. This running on an old SCKT478 Celeron, 1.5GB RAM and a 5500FX

But man did that game look gorgeous when I got my paws on an AGP 6600GT...
    i7 3770K | Corsair H80i | Zotac GTX1070 Mini | Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z ROG | 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400 | CM Storm Scout | HX650W | 23" LG 3D | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Win10 Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I must be one of the only ones who think that Crysis really wasn't such a good game. Yes it was good, but not "phenomenal". It was obvious from the get-go that the entire game was created for one reason - to show off the engine running it. And that's it. Warhead was WAY better.
    I remember I didnt really "play" the game so much, was always just checking if I was running the game fine and be in awe at the graphics... was all good until aliens came and everything was blue, then I just got motion sickness was actually the second game to ever give me motion sickness, first was 007 golden eye something, geepers I had no idea what was wrong with me (didnt know what motion sickness was) nowadays like 60% of FPS games five me motion sickness. getting old ...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Crysis 1 + Warhead is still best out there (I hated Crysis 2 & 3 so much because gameplay is actually dumbed down version for bullsh** consoles standard). You won't be disappointed on Crysis 1 + Warhead, it's still awesome today that were designed for PC exclusives back in 2007 and still look goods today. It got amazing mod community back in the day when the server was alive (before EA killed it).

@AAAH_NUUU_BRU and everyone
    Before you play Crysis, read this to play 64bit version:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/17300...5401070748061/

enjoy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

wait... what? these results cant be correct?

I remember maxing out with a 8800GTS (the newer core) let alone 8800GTX , or was I just being delusional?

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)

I haven't played Crysis 3 yet, but I did play Crysis 2 in 3D on my TV a few years back, and it was epic fun!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one2skipfew View Post
    wait... what? these results cant be correct?

I remember maxing out with a 8800GTS (the newer core) let alone 8800GTX , or was I just being delusional?
    Maybe at 1440x900?
    Intel Core i7-4770H | Gigabyte G1.Sniper.B5 (B85) | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | Antec HCG620W

Mentioned
    299 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
    Maybe at 1440x900?
    Possibly lower. There was no Tesla card that could max it out at HD, never mind a first gen Tesla.

I think the resolution would have been a maximum of 1280x1024, which was most common for 17-19" LCD monotors of the time (widescreen was yet to properly take off). It's also possible that it was played below the screen's native resolution at 1024x768 or even 800x600.

People need to spend less time learning and more time thinking
    Remove the word "co-incidence" from your vocabulary. Now, re-evaluate the evidence.
    2x Xeon X5690 6 Core CPUs @ 4.4 GHz || EVGA Classified SR-2 || 48 GB DDR3-1600 || 2x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX TITAN || 1 TB Samsung SSD
    8 TB Storage || Corsair Obsidian 800D || Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 1200W || Creative Sound Blaster ZX Sound Card

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

It's fitting that it's also taken a decade for a graphics card (1080 Ti) to exist, that can run Crysis at max detail, 8x AA, 4k - while maintaining 60fps.
    saving for emigration | Maxwell 2 (GTX 9x0) BIOS tweaking