Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom5003 View Post
    No one else running a TV for screen setup?
    Must not be very popular....
    I am, also a MU7000, just cant find an HDMI cable that works in UHD color mode. My setup is so weird that I have to use a 10M HDMI cable to connect to TV and there are no 10M cables in this country (that I know of) that can output 18gbs over that run length. Everyone promises 18gbs but no cable I have tried does it besides a 0.9M Sony cable.
    So I'm sitting with a blurry mess at 1080p untill I eventually find a cable.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upington
    Posts
    1,343
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardrpg View Post
    I am, also a MU7000, just cant find an HDMI cable that works in UHD color mode. My setup is so weird that I have to use a 10M HDMI cable to connect to TV and there are no 10M cables in this country (that I know of) that can output 18gbs over that run length. Everyone promises 18gbs but no cable I have tried does it besides a 0.9M Sony cable.
    So I'm sitting with a blurry mess at 1080p untill I eventually find a cable.
    How about the cable that came with the TV?

    I CAN LOOK BOTH WAYS.....AT THE SAME TIME

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    I dont even think I got one, not that I can remember but it would anyway be too short.
    My room and PC setup is difficult in that I can only use a 10M HDMI to connect from my PC to the TV, thats the issue.
    The only cables of 10M and more that are able to carry a full 18gbs over that run length are hybrid HDMI/Optical cables from 2 manufacturers worldwide and they are in the $150 $200 price range.
    So its a waiting game for me till the Chinese catch on and start producing cheaper alternatives.
    At least I can still watch 4K HDR via usb for the moment but no gaming in 4K.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Been thinking of doing this. Apparently my ps4 controller can work on my pc as well.

    Was gonna connect my PC via hdmi and play fighting and racing games on it at 4k. Its generally cheaper getting the games off steam then for my ps4. Doubt my MSI R9 280x 3gb will handle it.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upington
    Posts
    1,343
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Okay so got the TV, hooked up and good to go. Except for one problem. When I set HDR to ons in Windows settings all the colors are faded and washed out.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

    I CAN LOOK BOTH WAYS.....AT THE SAME TIME

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JHB Fourways
    Posts
    510
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom5003 View Post
    Okay so got the TV, hooked up and good to go. Except for one problem. When I set HDR to ons in Windows settings all the colors are faded and washed out.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    You can perhaps try this link to see if you can get rid of the washed out colors.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...lem/?offset=59

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upington
    Posts
    1,343
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelTech View Post
    You can perhaps try this link to see if you can get rid of the washed out colors.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...lem/?offset=59
    Thank, seems input must be set on "Game Mode" and not "PC". Alas I can only test this on Sunday when ill be back home.

    I CAN LOOK BOTH WAYS.....AT THE SAME TIME

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edenvale, Gauteng
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom5003 View Post
    Thank, seems input must be set on "Game Mode" and not "PC". Alas I can only test this on Sunday when ill be back home.
    Ye, that is correct. Also had to change from PC to game mode.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upington
    Posts
    1,343
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by DominionZA View Post
    Ye, that is correct. Also had to change from PC to game mode.
    Having HDR on in Win while still on PC Mode looks horrible.
    After the switch was there anything else you hade to change? Win HDR settings on or off? In Nividia control panel, are your settings on system or Nividia? (Think when Win HDR is on, it defaults to system settings and cant be changed)

    I CAN LOOK BOTH WAYS.....AT THE SAME TIME

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edenvale, Gauteng
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

    Re: PC Gaming on 4K TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom5003 View Post
    Having HDR on in Win while still on PC Mode looks horrible.
    After the switch was there anything else you hade to change? Win HDR settings on or off? In Nividia control panel, are your settings on system or Nividia? (Think when Win HDR is on, it defaults to system settings and cant be changed)
    I will have a look late when at my machine.
    I followed some online how-to, and honestly cannot remember.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •