Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Horisontal ATX cases?

Ever since I've seen UFDisciple's rAge build I've been in love with idea of a Full ATX cube case that allows mounting the motherboard horisontally instead of the usual vertical mounting. So i'm in love with the Thermatalke Core X9 basically.
    I was just wondering though do you guys know of any other cases that allow horisontal mobo mounting?
    Intel Core i7-4770H | Gigabyte G1.Sniper.B5 (B85) | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | Antec HCG620W

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)

Re: Horisontal ATX cases?

all the Core X series? HAF-XB? Corsair 250D?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
    Ever since I've seen UFDisciple's rAge build I've been in love with idea of a Full ATX cube case that allows mounting the motherboard horisontally instead of the usual vertical mounting. So i'm in love with the Thermatalke Core X9 basically.
    I was just wondering though do you guys know of any other cases that allow horisontal mobo mounting?
    Thermaltake core X1. Go look at reviews.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk
    | i7 3770 / Zotac Z77 / 16gigs of DDR3 / Elite 130 / SuperFlower Leadex 650 / EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC GAMING ACX / Nuprime uDSD / Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    all the Core X series? HAF-XB? Corsair 250D?
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyJamma View Post
    Thermaltake core X1. Go look at reviews.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk
    Actually out of all of those only the HAF-XB can join the Core X9 in sporting a full ATX board, most of the rest are ITX cases.

Seems like the HAF-XB has way less internal bays though although the Evo improves that.

Anything else?
    Intel Core i7-4770H | Gigabyte G1.Sniper.B5 (B85) | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | Antec HCG620W

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)

commented by completely bypassing your OP and just reading the title (not even properly)

case that isn't really meant to be horizontal, but I think can pull it off, is an Air 540
    Last edited by Off-The-Chart; Yesterday at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
    Actually out of all of those only the HAF-XB can join the Core X9 in sporting a full ATX board, most of the rest are ITX cases.

Seems like the HAF-XB has way less internal bays though although the Evo improves that.

Anything else?
    Sorry, I sped read your post. You want a full ATX case. Thatís a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | i7 3770 / Zotac Z77 / 16gigs of DDR3 / Elite 130 / SuperFlower Leadex 650 / EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC GAMING ACX / Nuprime uDSD / Delid Mate & Relid v2 | Dutchie 6' 2" KingFish / DSD 6' 6" Hybrid / Magic Shot 9' Longboard |

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    commented by completely bypassing your OP and just reading the title (not even properly)

case that isn't really meant to be horizontal, but I think can pull it off, is an Air 540
    Hmm, I suppose any mid tower could just lie on it's side. But I was thinking of something with that same sort of layout as the HAF-XB Evo and Core X9 and X5 with mobo at the top and then a lower compartment for PSU and storage/optical bays.

Nothing from Lian-Li or one of those fancier brands?