Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,718
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    7700k
    Asus/Msi/Gigabyte Z270
    16 gig ddr4
    1080ti

    27 monitor if you have extra get gsync ...
    275gig ssd
    Psu 850w + case

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Cape Town, Durbanville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunn View Post
    hahaha food and drinks are always compulsory.
    im so scared of going AMD.
    also think my current (4790k) allready beats the 1600x lol
    I agree, thats why ur not seeing me upgrading I'm waiting for the i7 9700k 8 core mainstream processor.
    And the 1600x runs on par with the i7 7800x... so why would you want to upgrade to that if your not going to use the extra features?
    It makes more sense to get the 1600x and have cash for lekker fast ssd's... instead of being stuck with a hdd...
    If your not going to utilise the extra cores just get a 1080ti and a nice 1440p 144hz gsync monitor...
    4790K, PHTC14, Z97S Krait, 32GB HyperX Fury, GTX 1080 Aorus, 250gb 750evo
    4690K, Cryorig H7, Z97N Gaming5, 16GB Vengeance Pro, Zotax GTX 1060 6gb, 128gb x110

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Cape Town, Durbanville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SILTECH786 View Post
    7700k
    Asus/Msi/Gigabyte Z270
    16 gig ddr4
    1080ti

    27 monitor if you have extra get gsync ...
    275gig ssd
    Psu 850w + case
    Upgrading from a 4790k to a 7700k even with a 1080ti on 1080p is uselss, and with a 1080ti the more appropriate monitor would be 1440p 144hz or 4k 60hz which will make the cpu upgrade even more useless...
    4790K, PHTC14, Z97S Krait, 32GB HyperX Fury, GTX 1080 Aorus, 250gb 750evo
    4690K, Cryorig H7, Z97N Gaming5, 16GB Vengeance Pro, Zotax GTX 1060 6gb, 128gb x110

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,718
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Not if you buy a DELL 27 GSYNC 144 screen

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Thank you all for the info.

    im gonna check and see if i cant wait for the 8700k build with a 1080ti from msi.
    seems like all other upgrades as mentioned will be a waste of money ( not like this is that much worth it lol )

    as per Evetech, stock expected November.
    Core i7-4790k Corsair 4x4gb 1600mhz ASUS H97-PRO GAMER GTX 1080ti Antec kuhler 120 Razer DeathAdder Elite NZXT 820 White

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Going to give my 2c

    I recently build a new pc, very similar case to yours as I already had the monitor, hdd, case, psu, etc

    I bought the following and I'm very pleased with the performance and price of what I paid

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Mobo: Asus Prime X370-Pro
    RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB Ripjaws V Series 16GB
    SSD: Transcend TS128GSSD230S SSD230 128GB
    GPU: Galax GeForce GTX 1080 EXOC-SNPR WHITE - There was a huge discount on this, I paid R7 999, so yes it is Galax but I haven't heard any bad reviews on this so I decided to go for it.
    Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
    Keyboard: Razer RZ03-01500200-R3M1 DeathStalker

    I paid R21,765.00 for all those and I can't complain about performance at all. Looking back at the build I would have settled for a Ryzen 5 CPU, the 1700 is just overkill for games IMO, the SSD is quite small, but I only run my OS on there, my games are installed on a mechanical drive and I have no issues. I always used my pc for everything, games, work and personal stuff, but I decided to rather dedicate the pc for games and that's why the 128GB SSD won't be an issue for me.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,400
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    CPU : Ryzen 7 1700 - 5K
    MOTHERBOARD : Asus ROG Strix X370 - 3.5K
    CPU COOLER : Not needed stock is sufficient
    GFX CARD : ASUS STRIX GTX 1080TI 13K
    RAM : Any DDR4 2x8GB 3000 kit ~3.2K
    PSU : Superflower plat series 750w modular 2.5K

    Estimate = 27500
    I7 4790 - Asrock H97M ITX/AC - G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB DDR3 1866 - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980TI - LEADEK SUPERFLOWER 750W GOLD FULLY MODULAR - SAMSUNG 830 120GB - SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB - PHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV ITX - ACER GN246HL 1:144hz FHD

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,400
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Segad0r1 View Post
    Going to give my 2c

    I recently build a new pc, very similar case to yours as I already had the monitor, hdd, case, psu, etc

    I bought the following and I'm very pleased with the performance and price of what I paid

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Mobo: Asus Prime X370-Pro
    RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB Ripjaws V Series 16GB
    SSD: Transcend TS128GSSD230S SSD230 128GB
    GPU: Galax GeForce GTX 1080 EXOC-SNPR WHITE - There was a huge discount on this, I paid R7 999, so yes it is Galax but I haven't heard any bad reviews on this so I decided to go for it.
    Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
    Keyboard: Razer RZ03-01500200-R3M1 DeathStalker

    I paid R21,765.00 for all those and I can't complain about performance at all. Looking back at the build I would have settled for a Ryzen 5 CPU, the 1700 is just overkill for games IMO, the SSD is quite small, but I only run my OS on there, my games are installed on a mechanical drive and I have no issues. I always used my pc for everything, games, work and personal stuff, but I decided to rather dedicate the pc for games and that's why the 128GB SSD won't be an issue for me.
    The Ryzen 5 1600 is king of midrange/mainstream, you don't need a X370 board and you can throw it on a B350 board with as much I/O as lower end Intel Z370 boards while paying 1.5K, you don't need a cooler either and push a 3.9Ghz OC on the stock fan on a midrange board.

    I was tempted to just do a build here witha 1600 and saved costs put to pocket but yeah what the heck go out
    I7 4790 - Asrock H97M ITX/AC - G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB DDR3 1866 - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980TI - LEADEK SUPERFLOWER 750W GOLD FULLY MODULAR - SAMSUNG 830 120GB - SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB - PHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV ITX - ACER GN246HL 1:144hz FHD

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What PC will YOU!! build for R27k ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarinaide View Post
    The Ryzen 5 1600 is king of midrange/mainstream, you don't need a X370 board and you can throw it on a B350 board with as much I/O as lower end Intel Z370 boards while paying 1.5K, you don't need a cooler either and push a 3.9Ghz OC on the stock fan on a midrange board.

    I was tempted to just do a build here witha 1600 and saved costs put to pocket but yeah what the heck go out
    Yes, I completely agree with you.

    X370 was overkill, I agree. Only reason I went with the X370 was that it has a black/white theme which the B350 doens't. The Galax 1080 is an awesome card, only gripe with it is the RGB is crappy and doesn't really have the same color spectrum that the AMD cooler and motherboard has, as well as the fact that it cannot piggyback of the Asus RGB settings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •