Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cooler Master H500P

Quote Originally Posted by durimotara View Post
    Was also excited for this case but very disappointed with the cheap build quality. You should check out gamersnexus review on it. Its even worse than Hardwarecanucks made it sound
    Gamers Nexus is advertising ThermalTake in the exact same video they are reviewing a Cooler Master Case. Maybe think about that for a second. Who do you think is paying them between ThermalTake and Cooler Master in this instance? I've seen the H500P at the Cooler Master Booth at Rage this year. Its literally the most beautiful case I've ever seen. Who gives if the front panels are plastic? Unless you are throwing your case around the room, you aren't even going to notice that. The way it is designed is a seamless blend between the materials- you cant even notice the difference unless you touch it. Sure they could have made the front panels out of glass and steel but then you are going to be paying an extra R1000 for what? To be able to say your front panel is made out of glass and steel? It leads absolutely no advantage to the case itself, visually or otherwise. Everybody seems to be getting so worked up about this case having cheaper materials for no reason. Its retailing for R2499. Sure Cooler Master could make a case out of gold and diamond if they really wanted to, but are you going to pay for that?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalPlanet View Post
    The C700P is literally the most internally modular case Cooler Master has ever made? Even more modular than the MasterCase series. The inside is ultra refined. I saw it at RAGE this year. You can even remove the motherboard tray, invert it, flip the orientation. The build quality is incredible- solid aluminium and steel. So maybe have a look at these cases in person before you comment.
    So lets see some of the issues

Finger print magnet on the metal surfaces.

Crappy fans included for the price we pay. Yes we are going to replace it but common..

It should of had a full length psu shroud. Yes there is a metal cover but what if you remove it to show off your water cooling? then you have shitty cables showing from your PSU

The glass panel has a slight green tint (seen it in many pictures)

It's a very good looking case, i said so in my comment but for R 5,585.. It's not worth it.

Side note: I still own my Cosmos II that i modded and such. Love that case to death
    My computer brings all the viruses to the yard, and they're like - get linux fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestrm_ZA View Post
    @theguppy Im watching you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Gamers Nexus is advertising ThermalTake in the exact same video they are reviewing a Cooler Master Case. Maybe think about that for a second. Who do you think is paying them between ThermalTake and Cooler Master in this instance? I've seen the H500P at the Cooler Master Booth at Rage this year. Its literally the most beautiful case I've ever seen. Who gives if the front panels are plastic? Unless you are throwing your case around the room, you aren't even going to notice that. The way it is designed is a seamless blend between the materials- you cant even notice the difference unless you touch it. Sure they could have made the front panels out of glass and steel but then you are going to be paying an extra R1000 for what? To be able to say your front panel is made out of glass and steel? It leads absolutely no advantage to the case itself, visually or otherwise. Everybody seems to be getting so worked up about this case having cheaper materials for no reason. Its retailing for R2499. Sure Cooler Master could make a case out of gold and diamond if they really wanted to, but are you going to pay for that?
    How much does mesh cost relative to cheap plastic? As that would lead to a definite advantage to the case (airflow, which it is meant to have. Why else would you have two 200mm fans?); visual change will be subjective. And I'm also not a Thermaltake fan, but if anyone is going to give actual, repeatable results it is going to be Gamers Nexus. Give links where the temperatures/performance of multiple cases are shown next to the H500P and i'll go read them
    | Strix B250F | i5 6600k | Strix RX560 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | LG 29" UltraWide

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

The C700P is literally the most internally modular case Cooler Master has ever made? Even more modular than the MasterCase series. The inside is ultra refined. I saw it at RAGE this year. You can even remove the motherboard tray, invert it, flip the orientation. The build quality is incredible- solid aluminium and steel. So maybe have a look at these cases in person before you comment.
    Sorry for insulting your opinion with our opinion, pros and cons to everything bud. Finding the bad will bring out the good and it's a balancing act.
    Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX // Intel i5 6400 Quad Core 3.3ghz // Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8gb DDR4 2666 Red Led // Zotac 1060 6GB AMP! Edition // Superflower LEadex 750w // Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Gamers Nexus modded the H500P with some mesh and tested again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAzAO9VQPmI

For those not wanting to watch a video, he used mesh from other cases and taped it to where the plastic covers were, and results:
    Capture.jpg
    | Strix B250F | i5 6600k | Strix RX560 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | LG 29" UltraWide

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I dont agree with you on many points you raised. Every reviewer has sponsors...part of the job, hardware canucks has a fractal design advert before almost all of the content yet i dont see them bashing other products simply because of this fact. For R2500 competitors are not giving you cheap plastic but rather tempered glass and aluminium, so i dont know where you`ve been finding those cases for R3500 just for those features. the entire case creaks and sounds cheap. For R2500 you could get ALOT better quality. What Coolermaster have done is create a case that looks good, but is made at the lowest possible cost to them yet priced as if it were built with quality materials. Corsair 460x is a full tempered glass body with 3 RGB fans for R2100, The 570x is around R2700 last i checked. Heck even the thermaltake you complained about offer the view 71 full tempered glass case for R2400. So no for the same price you are not getting cheap plastic from competitors. It is a beautiful case and that i cant deny but you cant justify the price tag based on the materials Coolermaster used,maybe if it was around R1800 to R2000 yeah. Lastly the build quality was complained about by multiple reviewers but i guess its just because they were paid off by competitors too.
    i7 4790 | Asus Maximus vii Hero | Antec Kuhler 920 | 16gb ddr3 Kingston Hyper-X @ 1866mhz | MSI GAMING X GTX 1080 | Corsair HX 750 watt | 4TB storage, Sandisk 256gb SSD

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I bought the Corsair 460X less than a month ago. Case was R2100 and the quality is outstanding!
    However, it's a mid tower so space is too limited for my taste. (don't even get me started on the PSU cable management at the back, even WITH a full modular PSU..)

Have been thinking of selling the 460X and getting the H500P - on paper it looks like a sweet sweet deal for +- R2500.
    But when I watched some of the reviews and noticed how plastic and squeaky everything about the case is..

Sad panda I am

Will have to look elsewhere for a lekke full tower with a tempered glass side panel.
    Acer XG 1440p 144Hz || STRIX OC 1080Ti || 2600K || Z77 MPower || 8GB Vengeance || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX || 850 Evo 250GB || 2TB

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
    I bought the Corsair 460X less than a month ago. Case was R2100 and the quality is outstanding!
    However, it's a mid tower so space is too limited for my taste. (don't even get me started on the PSU cable management at the back, even WITH a full modular PSU..)

Have been thinking of selling the 460X and getting the H500P - on paper it looks like a sweet sweet deal for +- R2500.
    But when I watched some of the reviews and noticed how plastic and squeaky everything about the case is..

Sad panda I am

Will have to look elsewhere for a lekke full tower with a tempered glass side panel.
    http://www.fractal-design.com/home/p...hify/meshify-c

Also a bit small, more for the compact build, but build quality and overall features/functionality to me is just on point.
    Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX // Intel i5 6400 Quad Core 3.3ghz // Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8gb DDR4 2666 Red Led // Zotac 1060 6GB AMP! Edition // Superflower LEadex 750w // Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Machine View Post
    http://www.fractal-design.com/home/p...hify/meshify-c

Also a bit small, more for the compact build, but build quality and overall features/functionality to me is just on point.
    Thanks bud, will give it a peek later.

Yeah the longer I look at the 460X, the smaller it seems to get
    I also noticed that the H500P's price went up again, just shy of R3k now!
    Acer XG 1440p 144Hz || STRIX OC 1080Ti || 2600K || Z77 MPower || 8GB Vengeance || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX || 850 Evo 250GB || 2TB

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
    Thanks bud, will give it a peek later.

Yeah the longer I look at the 460X, the smaller it seems to get
    I also noticed that the H500P's price went up again, just shy of R3k now!
    That's disappointing, I was super keen to seen this case feature some sexy builds, undoubtedly it still will, but knowing the flimsyness of the material and how everything just seems to be loose really bummed me on this one xD