Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Thoughts on the new Star Wars Trailer?

Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

I reckon it is already better than TFA XD but will have to wait and see lol.

Thoughts?
    i7 4770K||ASUS Z97 MARK S SABERTOOTH LIMITED EDITION #1669||16GB Corsair VENGEANCE||*TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE*||OCULUS RIFT

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Re: Thoughts on the new Star Wars Trailer?

shot for that hadn't seen it yet, looks epic AF. Blind fanboy here though so others with more critical thinking will probably go "meh, the wookie noise is too tinny"
    i7 4790k @ 4.7 | Custom Cooling Loop | ASUS Maximus VII Formula | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | ASUS ROG 1060 | 256GB SSD | RM850 | Custom Desk Build | The Wooden Duck >Previously Duck_bomb<

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenDuck View Post
    shot for that hadn't seen it yet, looks epic AF. Blind fanboy here though so others with more critical thinking will probably go "meh, the wookie noise is too tinny"
    Kek, although I am a blind fanboy, I was extremely critical of TFA and I genuinely think this looks much better.
    i7 4770K||ASUS Z97 MARK S SABERTOOTH LIMITED EDITION #1669||16GB Corsair VENGEANCE||*TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE*||OCULUS RIFT

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I think it looks good. I think they put too much in there though, feel they gave too much away.
    i5-2500K @ 4.0GHZ - 16GB DDR3-1600 - GTX 970 Windforce - SSD - Windows 10

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARGUILD View Post
    Kek, although I am a blind fanboy, I was extremely critical of TFA and I genuinely think this looks much better.
    If you're being critical then you aren't a blind fanboy? >.< that would defeat the purpose of being a blind fanboy haha

in my books, anything that expands on the star wars universe = good.
    i7 4790k @ 4.7 | Custom Cooling Loop | ASUS Maximus VII Formula | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | ASUS ROG 1060 | 256GB SSD | RM850 | Custom Desk Build | The Wooden Duck >Previously Duck_bomb<

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenDuck View Post
    If you're being critical then you aren't a blind fanboy? >.< that would defeat the purpose of being a blind fanboy haha

in my books, anything that expands on the star wars universe = good.
    Kek alright, you are clearly blind and deaf fanboy then XD.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I wonder if it will end with a reincarnated Yoda or someone of similar stature in robes who just turns around and says nothing then - THE END......

Yea.. That pissed me off.....

I7 6700 - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix - MAXIMUS Ranger - 32GB Hyper X DDR4 2400MHZ - 2x 500GB Crucial SSD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Truth be told I am seriously disappointed. I was hoping for some radical changes. This is a reboot at best. The Force Awakens had a death star once again, just planet size. Even Harrison Ford mocked it.

Original premise was 2 guys and a lady team on the good side. Once again that is the case. In the legends canon it was Ben Skywalker vs Jacen Solo, now it is Rey vs Ben Solo, and it was prophesised that never will such power as Anakin had be found again as he was conceived by the force. Ten bucks says Rey is the same scenario. They have brought nothing original to the movies. I was hoping for so much more and there was potential for so much more. I'd be willing to bet Snoke is Palpatine resurrected by the Dark Side of the Force.

Mentioned
    294 Post(s)

NOT a Star Wars fan but I thought that trailer was pretty good. It's the first Star Wars movie I actually want to watch.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Recho View Post
    Truth be told I am seriously disappointed. I was hoping for some radical changes. This is a reboot at best. The Force Awakens had a death star once again, just planet size. Even Harrison Ford mocked it.

Original premise was 2 guys and a lady team on the good side. Once again that is the case. In the legends canon it was Ben Skywalker vs Jacen Solo, now it is Rey vs Ben Solo, and it was prophesised that never will such power as Anakin had be found again as he was conceived by the force. Ten bucks says Rey is the same scenario. They have brought nothing original to the movies. I was hoping for so much more and there was potential for so much more. I'd be willing to bet Snoke is Palpatine resurrected by the Dark Side of the Force.
    A- That whole, conceived by the force is narrative ey. Not necessarily 100% true. Seen many question its validity. Just because a character says it does not make it true.
    B- I somewhat agree with the whole reboot idea but only somewhat. Whilst I was extremely critical of TFA and was not a fan at all, I somewhat understand why the movie was the way it was. It was a movie played really safe. I think the new ones will be by far and away much better.
    C- Rey most certainly has parents. Simply watching TFA and all the trailers proves that. So no, I don't think she will have the same back story as Anakin.

My bet on what will happen. They will finish off the core trilogy of films and then start properly branching out into anthology films. Legends and Canon (remember legends canon is not a thing, Legends are all now non-canon stories whilst Canon is still canon stories (thanks Disney)) have some amazing stories and Disney knows this. They would not have bought SW for 6 movies and some merch. They know its possiblities and I am sure they will draw from it. Lets wait and see before destroying a franchise on just a trailer eh.