Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Star Trek: Discovery

Anyone watching? Feelings?

I know it is only on episode 2 but I am enjoying it so far
    i7 4770K||ASUS Z97 MARK S SABERTOOTH LIMITED EDITION #1669||16GB Corsair VENGEANCE||*TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE*||OCULUS RIFT

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I watched the first two episodes was ok for me rate it a 6/10 so far.

Have to see how the rest of the season goes.

I actually enjoyed watching The Orville more. 7/10 lol
    AMD Ryzen 1700X | ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero | ASUS GTX 1070 OC Strix SLi | Corsair HX-1000W | HAF-X |Samsung T260 X 2

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Anybody know if we getting this on DSTV or Showmax?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

@Valheru I doubt you will, its a netflix created and owned product and they don't like to share

I enjoyed it, seemed a bit put on at times but yeah it's nice to have something new in the star trek universe
    i7 4790k @ 4.7 | Custom Cooling Loop | ASUS Maximus VII Formula | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | ASUS ROG 1060 | 256GB SSD | RM850 | Custom Desk Build | The Wooden Duck >Previously Duck_bomb<

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Pity, we haven't had anything new since Enterprise. Which I enjoyed. ( <-- The internet will hate me for that comment)
    Last edited by Valheru; 28-09-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Definitely something different for the Trekkie universe. Acting and story 6-7/10. FX 10/10.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Definitely enjoying it so far. As some have said, acting and shit can be meh and a bit overdone (so just like usual Star Trek? XD) but the FX are amazing and the story it is telling is pretty cool. Klingon Cold War

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    i7 4770K||ASUS Z97 MARK S SABERTOOTH LIMITED EDITION #1669||16GB Corsair VENGEANCE||*TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE*||OCULUS RIFT

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARGUILD View Post
    Definitely enjoying it so far. As some have said, acting and shit can be meh and a bit overdone (so just like usual Star Trek? XD) but the FX are amazing and the story it is telling is pretty cool. Klingon Cold War

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Indeed. Something I've always wanted to see explored is the Klingon Cold War and how the Federations dealt with the Klingons.
    My beloved pile of crap:
    Titan 240 | Asus M4N68T-M V2 | Phenom II x6 1055T + Corsair H105 | 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LP | GTX 680 Phantom 4Gb | CM Storm Pulse-R headies

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenDuck View Post
    @Valheru I doubt you will, its a netflix created and owned product and they don't like to share

I enjoyed it, seemed a bit put on at times but yeah it's nice to have something new in the star trek universe
    Not created or owned by Netflix. It is a CBS production, and Netflix was given the licensing rights outside of America and Canada. Hence Netflix can say "Netflix Original"

And Netflix not sharing, we will need to see once the show has actually run till the end of the season, we obviously don't know what licensing has been done between them and other parties.
    Though I don't think they are particularly happy with Multichoice or Sony in SA, considering how they had such a strong grip on content in SA, especially content Sony licensed from Netflix (reducing their initial offering in SA).

As for the show. I am enjoying it. Would make more sense to me currently if they said it takes place in the Kelvin universe, given the designs, Klingons, film style, technology. But we will see how it ties into the Prime Universe.
    intel 4570S | 12GB RAM | Asus H97M-E | GTX 1070 | Bitfenix Prodigy M

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I love star trek, but this show just left a bad taste in my mouth. I made it through the first episode and then tried the second, turned it off half way through. Story feels flat, dialogue was terrible, and the entire klingon dialogue was just so painful on the ears. So yeah won't be watching this thing any longer.