Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick and Morty

Mentioned
    235 Post(s)

Rick and Morty

And discuss

No I have a quick question though :/

This series was launched in 2013. But why now all of the sudden did it become viral?
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAH NUUU BRU View Post
    Wants to be liked and trusted, keyboard screams at a mod - Bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for him ... GG Viv 16-0
    Female ASRock H97 Killer | i7-4790 + H75 | 16GB RAM | Asus GTX 1080 Strix Advance | Neutron XT 240GB | M12II Evo 620w | LG 24GM77-B | Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless, Sabre, STRAFE, RGB 460x
    Donations welcome BTC: 17yzDrmh4ti98dwYvY5HvX1C4f2v5rKbsD

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Re: Rick and Morty

pickledick!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I love it!!! I think its cuz of the humor, its really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VivSter1994 View Post
    And discuss

This series was launched in 2013. But why now all of the sudden did it become viral?
    Because it got launched on Adult Swim, to a relatively limited audience, and only really gained popularity by word of mouth from a devoted fanbase.

It's the kind of show that initially grates your tits, with seemingly shoddy animation and voices like nails on a chalk board... I initially dismissed S01E01 as mindless garbage, pandering to the same American idiots that enjoy reality television...

But if you keep at it, and catch how clever it is in terms of seemingly unimportant details forming part of the story arc, pop culture references and the underlying social commentary, it really gets under your skin.

It's utterly brilliant.
    Donít attribute to malice, that which is adequately explained by stupidity...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Because people on the internet started with this i hate my life and want to die era of memes this year and one of the memes used was of mr Meeseeks which caused people to research where it came from and then more and more memes started coming from things done in the show and now its popular ... weird world we live in
    | "Why you summoning hedgehogs?" |
    | "Gona make them stand on each other like a hedgehog totem pole ...duh" |

Mentioned
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AAAH NUUU BRU View Post
    Because people on the internet started with this i hate my life and want to die era of memes this year and one of the memes used was of mr Meeseeks which caused people to research where it came from and then more and more memes started coming from things done in the show and now its popular ... weird world we live in
    And yes, this... the sensation it's now become has been mostly due to memes sparking curiosity about the show.
    Donít attribute to malice, that which is adequately explained by stupidity...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VivSter1994 View Post
    And discuss

The epic cliff-hanger ending of season 2. That was a game changer for me. There were some deep and generally good moments, but that clinched it for me

"Pity I am not a mod, would have lit his ass on fire."
    - ScorpioMan86 Before he was a Mod

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)

Just started watching it on Netflix...or Showmax...can't remember.

After every episode I walk away saying "WTF did I just watch?", but somehow I'm always looking forward to watching the next one.
    2008 KTM 990 Adventure | iPhone 7+ 128GB | Apple Watch 2 | Nintendo Wii | 2017 MacBook Pro 13" Touchbar | Baby

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamgigglz View Post
    Just started watching it on Netflix...or Showmax...can't remember.

After every episode I walk away saying "WTF did I just watch?", but somehow I'm always looking forward to watching the next one.
    Yip, think thats pretty much the only feeling people get xD Its like, "wtf is this cocaine riddled story", while loading the next episode :P
    5960X | MSI X99A Tomahawk | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 | GTX 1080 | In Win | Qnix

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Because everyone was taking the show for granite!