Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

DELID / Re-paste service for IVY/Haswell/Devil's Canyon/Skylake. (Gaging interest)

Hi guys.

So I had a chat with Fire, and he said I can go ahead and try out a DELIDDING service for CARB.

I have done a couple of IVY / HASWELL / Devil's Canyon delids and they have gone without a hitch.
    You get some nice temperature drops by doing this.
    Anything from 5C to 20C can be expected by replacing the crappy INTEL TIM with some better stuff.

I will be able to do the proper RELID with silicone as well in a week or two when my RELID kit arrives. (If SAPO doesn't merge it into the economy before then)

The delid process is pretty easy and "safe" but with everything I guess, it will still be at your own risk.

Here is an example of a delid that I did :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5bSDGJuiw

"Delid only" will start from R50 per CPU.
    The full monty (Delid/Clean PCB & Die/Repaste with good TIM or Liquid Metal) pricing I will confirm when I have some rough numbers.

I only have a socket 1155 test bench at the moment but if there is enough interest I will buy the necessary MB's to do before and after temp tests at extra cost.

So please post away/PM if there is any interest.
    Please state your name and Processor model and preferably a whatsapp number or e-mail when you PM me.
    I will compile a list of names/numbers and see where we are at.

P.S. My KABYLAKE capable DELID tool arrives with the RELID tool. So if anyone is crazy enough to void his warranty already, I can help with that as well. Haha
    | INTEL 7700K @5.0Ghz,K-Cooled | CORSAIR H110i GT | ZOTAC 1080Ti Amp Extreme | SAMSUNG S27A950D | ASROCK Z270 TAICHI | CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-3000 16GB | CRUCIAL 750GB MX300 SSD | CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 | CORSAIR AX1200i PSU |

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Re: DELID / Re-paste service for IVY/Haswell/Devil's Canyon/Skylake. (gageing interes

cool! just watch out for those 3d printed tools, i would suggest when you need to replace that one get the der8auer delid die mate. or drop me a message. i have the version two on the way and might be interested in selling my version one.

for thermal paste Thermal grizzly is available local from Rebel tech or drop me a PM they have a liquid metal paste as well.

good luck and let me know if you need any help
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    i am going old and getting senile :P
    Check my worklogs ->http://www.overclock.co.za/
    watch my replays -> www.youtube.com\drweez
    watch me live -> www.twitch.tv\drweez_oc

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Re: DELID / Re-paste service for IVY/Haswell/Devil's Canyon/Skylake. (gageing interes

The delid tool was printed at 60% infill.
    No issues yet. But yes, my proper tool is on it's way. Thanks for the offer though.

Already have the Grizzly liquid metal as well.
    Last edited by KakHard; 16-02-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    | INTEL 7700K @5.0Ghz,K-Cooled | CORSAIR H110i GT | ZOTAC 1080Ti Amp Extreme | SAMSUNG S27A950D | ASROCK Z270 TAICHI | CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-3000 16GB | CRUCIAL 750GB MX300 SSD | CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 | CORSAIR AX1200i PSU |

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

On Skylake...interested...subscribed

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Sweet!
    Might be keen to do both my Haswell chips.
    ||i7 7700||Phanteks PH-TC14PE||MSI Z270 Mortar||16GB Crucial Ballistics 2400||2 x 512GB Lite-On SSD||LG 34UM68||MSI Gaming X 1070 8GB||Corsair AX750||Phanteks Evolv MATX||

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I will be getting a delidders for Ivybridge and Kaby Lake hopefully next week.
    Should be able to help the guys in jhb to do it.
    CPU:7700k@4.8GHz H110i GTX GPU:ASUS 1080FE MoBo:Asus Strixz270gRAM:16GB Corsair@3200MHz SSD:500GB850Evo HDD:6tbWD Red

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I might be interested, in the Somerset West(side yO). First have to establish whether I am keeping my Haswell or going Ryzen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I will definitely be interested in

Quote Originally Posted by KakHard View Post
    The full monty
    for my 4770k Haswell CPU.

I'll keep my eye on the thread for when you have a solid pricing

WarHeaD is offline אלוהים חי וקיים
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

@Ant_Shrew - My suggestion would be to ask permission for this from admin and make your own thread - reason being @KakHard specifically asked @Firestrm_ZA for permission, due to the fact that, should this take off a reseller sub would be required.
    "A disciplined mind is your most dependable ally..."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WarHeaD View Post
    @Ant_Shrew - My suggestion would be to ask permission for this from admin and make your own thread - reason being @KakHard specifically asked @Firestrm_ZA for permission, due to the fact that, should this take off a reseller sub would be required.
    Sorry did not know. Not here to make money just wanting to try help the community.
    CPU:7700k@4.8GHz H110i GTX GPU:ASUS 1080FE MoBo:Asus Strixz270gRAM:16GB Corsair@3200MHz SSD:500GB850Evo HDD:6tbWD Red