Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)

Re: ASUS MAXIMUS IX APEX - Good

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' View Post
    Won't the overclocking capability be relatively the same on all the Maximus boards? Or am I misled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Not at all or at least the others are the same with this one being different.
    the trace layout for memory on this board is different and the routing as well, which are specifically tailored or rather more tailored to XOC. You may run into CBB issues on the other boards, yes you can configure the settings in the UEFI to avoid this, but why when you can just press a button for it

As for the YouTube links. It helps if it's not just links with no info. Soon enough we will just have threads with links and no text at all.
    Everyday I know less and less about more and more.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Things like just make me want to understand how to OC, although that is for a later stage I love reading threads of oaks pushing hardware just to see what they can really do :P.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Machine View Post
    Things like just make me want to understand how to OC, although that is for a later stage I love reading threads of oaks pushing hardware just to see what they can really do :P.
    Just think about why you would want to overclock your hardware, if you want your GPU backplate to double as an egg fryer, which is possible, then it's maybe not for you
    Dell S2716DG | 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo SSD | Full Custom Water Loop | Corsair HX750i
    Intel i5 6600K
    32GB Ripjaws
    EVGA 1070 SC
    ROG IX Formula

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' View Post
    Just think about why you would want to overclock your hardware, if you want your GPU backplate to double as an egg fryer, which is possible, then it's maybe not for you
    Thankfully I don't have a backplate right now :P and also why I won't overclock on air unless the conditions are regulated, otherwise when I decide to go WC I will begin OC'ing if I have the knowledge, if not I will begin learning from that point. But WHY I want to overclock is I love seeing hardware being able to run stable at high clocks, and I may want to try push some old CPU's to breaking point just to see how far they are willing to go :P.

Mentioned
    345 Post(s)

This motherboard is AWESOME!

CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM SPECIAL EDITON doing 4,266MHz! even though the memory is rated at 3200MHZ Not at some insane voltage either a very safe and 24/7 capable 1.45V

Threw this one in here for the sake of it, this CPU is a bit rubbish needing 1.4V for 5.1GHz, IMC is okay though.

Massive Bandwidth figures which can be significantly improved. Right up there in X99 territory.
    Last edited by Gouhan; 20-01-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    345 Post(s)

More posts and results to follow, just dicovered something that was hurting the bandwidth.

Mentioned
    345 Post(s)

Now with a lemon of a CPU, still like this one but it's been retired now to my 24/7 box.
    4GHz C16 DDR4000 1.45 All day