Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Bikers!?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Bikers!?

Hi guys its a pitty I have been on this forum for quite a while now only to discover this amazing thread now. Bit of a background Biker since my early years ( started riding scooters at 11). I was living in Greece at a time. at 16 I got myself a KLE 400 japan import which I kept till I was done with my National Army Service at the age of 21. That bike was immortal. Then my Ducati frenzy started ( I am a crazy passionate Ducatista ) I have owned almost every single model you can think off up to 2007 when me and my family returned to South Africa. Reason I could afford the models I was working for the Ducati and KTM Imported in Greece. I owned a couple of KTM's as well. I know their systems up to 2007 inside out. I was never a fan of Japanese bikes although the KLE has taken me to many places in my youth and some point I owned a Honda CBF600N and a Kawasaki Z750 which I was using as commuters due to my buy and roll phases. Upon my return I was highly disappointed by the Ducati Network in SA. Very disorganized and a lot of the mechanics lack the knowledge. I guess they are not receiving as regular training as they should especially when it comes to the older models. So as I though I had found a bargain on a Ducati Pantah it got sold as fast as I bought it. The Pantah taught me 2 lessons. We lack good mechanics ( at least I didn't found one ) and our roads and scenery ( In Gauteng where I am situated Pretoria to be specific ) are not suitable for Street/Superbikes motorbikes. So I tried my lack with a bargain buy from a friend a Yamaha VMAX 1300 ( Vboost) which I also sold very quickly. Wonderful engine one of the most amazing I have ever seen. But the rest I have seen better in scrap yards. A frame flexible as rubber, suspensions are non existent my sons bouncy castle bounces less, and breaks way to weak for the power and the weight the bike carries. My last bike was an import Honda VTX 1800. What a beastie and lovely bike but its for those who enjoy Sofa's and their pocket can afford to feed to the Kraken of consumption. My car burns less lol. After my son was born I have taken a break which I am still on currently only having a scooter to commute. Oh and I forgot mention I was racing in the Greek amateur league with a Ducati 999s. I did okay nothing special. 222325_7261942251_5113_n.jpg22332_265934432251_8092163_n.jpg1930113_21903987251_8116_n.jpg197779_10151451148847252_523455825_n.jpg197779_10151451148847252_523455825_n.jpg A few pictures bit of everything. My 749s my 999s in track, My VTX and travelling around Europe with my ST2.
    Last edited by AthanC; 11-11-2017 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Uploaded same picture twice.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

So... The Sportster was getting a bit cramped, and one day I rode past a bike shop, and then I saw a thing, stuff happened, and...

Bike CUD is a thing guys, watch out.

Now, where are all the carb bros so we can go for a ride? The offer still stands, hit me up if you guys are in Durbs.
    i7 4790k ~ Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate ~ Asus Maximus VII Hero ~ RaidMax RX1000AE ~ 16gb G.Skill TridentX @ 2400 cl10 ~ 2x Gigabyte GTX 980ti XG Waterforce SLI ~ 3x Samsung 850 Evo (1x250/2x500) ~ Seagate Barracuda 1TB ~ Tt Core X9 ~ Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Anyone here know of a product/item similar to a pressure washer that doesn't make so much noise?

I've recently moved into an estate and the units are quite close to one another I am looking for some thing decent to clean my bike quickly and efficiently, but have minimal noise levels.

I saw the Karcher K4 Silent edt., and its exactly what I am looking for, however its been discontinued and cannot seem to find anything similar. I have been using a hose pipe this whole time, however after really muddy rides it takes forever to clean the bike properly.
    @iamgigglz - maybe you've seen some thing?

Mentioned
    425 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EDDYYZ37 View Post
    Anyone here know of a product/item similar to a pressure washer that doesn't make so much noise?

I've recently moved into an estate and the units are quite close to one another I am looking for some thing decent to clean my bike quickly and efficiently, but have minimal noise levels.

I saw the Karcher K4 Silent edt., and its exactly what I am looking for, however its been discontinued and cannot seem to find anything similar. I have been using a hose pipe this whole time, however after really muddy rides it takes forever to clean the bike properly.
    @iamgigglz - maybe you've seen some thing?
    Don't know of anything off-hand unfortunately. Some Googling turned p the Karcher K5 Silent but it's discontinued. There's also the WAP Poseidon 5-54XT here but it looks like it's semi-industrial/professional so could be expensive AF.

Edit - ...and kudos for consiudering your neighbours like that btw. This world needs more people like you.
    Last edited by iamgigglz; Yesterday at 10:59 AM.
    2008 KTM 990 Adventure | iPhone 7+ 128GB | Apple Watch 2 | Nintendo Wii | Baby

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamgigglz View Post
    Don't know of anything off-hand unfortunately. Some Googling turned p the Karcher K5 Silent but it's discontinued. There's also the WAP Poseidon 5-54XT here but it looks like it's semi-industrial/professional so could be expensive AF.

Edit - ...and kudos for consiudering your neighbours like that btw. This world needs more people like you.
    Called those guys now, seems like they don't sell those units anymore. Thanks though!

Funny thing is I have a normal Karcher pressure washer at home, but its too noisy to use. I'd eventually get moaned at by someone, and I just don't want to be that guy... I've even considered setting up the pressure washer inside and then cleaning my bike outside xD - Still reckon it would be too noisy.

Guess its the hose pipe and brush for now... :|

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

What is your water pressure like from the tap?
    would one of those guns that fit on the end of the hose pipe not help?

On a side note how long and at what time are you running the pressure washer that you worried someone would moan?