Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Escape from Tarkov

Quote Originally Posted by PancakesZA View Post
    lol This is how it's supposed to be (I've never lost connection...not even once).
    The game is an assault on the senses.
    You need to learn stamina control
    You need to learn to listen well
    You need to keep your head on a swivel
    You need to learn the map/s well (This can take a long time, depending on how quickly you learn)
    You need to pick your gun fights

I almost gave up when I 1st played (So did my mate), but I stuck through it and have gotten better at it.

Also watch this one, will definitely help you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB7IOxdknCU
    Let me put it to you this way, if it is part of the game to get shot through walls then this is one broken ass game...
    A little more detail, I was in a gun fight on the side of a very big rock, killed 2 scavs, one very very well decked out so probably a player scav. after killing them I could still hear a lot of shot coming from someone on the other side of the rock (VERY VERY big rock) so I run for the nearest building, found a small one room building, to examine what I just looted, and my health starts dropping like im being shot, but im not next to any window, and unless someone is invisible and with me inside this 4x6 room, there's no way anyone can even see me.
    So listening well, pretty sure no problem there. I do play PUBG and can pinpoint shots and movements pretty damn well.
    Head on a swivel, pretty sure I can cover every angle of said small building, so no problem.

With regards to the map, I do agree there, since I find it very very hard finding the escape zones even though I bought the map.
    And I have experienced connection lost on about 30% of my games, and usually towards the end, and by the time im back im either dead or don't have enough time to reach said escape zones. I have only played about 10 games so.
    I have found a few people that have experienced the same invisible bullets shit that I have, read something about server sync problems, I don't know.

Everything points towards server problems, having more players than before.
    So ill take a break and jump back when servers/game is fixed. So far, money NOT well spend on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3aL1Ty View Post
    and boom, some doos is firing away like an LMG with a scope and no ADS and hitting every shot...
    i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | ASUS 1080 STRIX

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doom5003 View Post
    Let me put it to you this way, if it is part of the game to get shot through walls then this is one broken ass game...
    A little more detail, I was in a gun fight on the side of a very big rock, killed 2 scavs, one very very well decked out so probably a player scav. after killing them I could still hear a lot of shot coming from someone on the other side of the rock (VERY VERY big rock) so I run for the nearest building, found a small one room building, to examine what I just looted, and my health starts dropping like im being shot, but im not next to any window, and unless someone is invisible and with me inside this 4x6 room, there's no way anyone can even see me.
    So listening well, pretty sure no problem there. I do play PUBG and can pinpoint shots and movements pretty damn well.
    Head on a swivel, pretty sure I can cover very angle of said small building, so no problem.

With regards to the map, I do agree there, since I find it very very hard finding the escape zones even though I bought the map.
    And I have experienced connection lost on about 30% of my games, and usually towards the end, and by the time im back im either dead or don't have enough time to reach said escape zones. I have only played about 10 games so.
    I have found a few people that have experienced the same invisible bullets shit that I have, read something about server sync problems, I don't know.

Everything points towards server problems, having more players than before.
    So ill take a break and jump back when servers/game is fixed. So far, money NOT well spend on this.
    Were you maybe bleeding from a wound/s you received in the fight with the player scav/scav?
    Damage could have been delayed because of server desync lag?
    The building didn't have windows and no one could be shooting down at you from a higher position?
    Yip also experienced my 1st disconnect yesterday, servers were terrible. So yeah it seems they have some work to do there.
    Unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Curious how the game performs for local players with our latency to other countries? I assume we'd be bundled onto EU / Oceania servers? I've been debating buying it for access to the beta after watching a few videos / streams. Seems like my kinda game, but I don't wanna blow 500 bucks on it and have latency completely ruin the experience.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seeyou View Post
    Curious how the game performs for local players with our latency to other countries? I assume we'd be bundled onto EU / Oceania servers? I've been debating buying it for access to the beta after watching a few videos / streams. Seems like my kinda game, but I don't wanna blow 500 bucks on it and have latency completely ruin the experience.
    Well apparently it has some of the worst network code of any game ever. Literally. Can't speak to local experience but according to this it will feel like you have a 300ms ping even when you have a 10ms ping.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I get about 180-220 ping in most raids, the problem isn't the ping, as the above post states, the netcode is horseshit. The servers seem to have been a lot more stable the last few days though, but they definitely need to fix their netcode.

All in all, even with the issues surrounding this game, it is absolutely amazing. I bought the SE, and upgraded to the biggest one the next day. I believe this game has a lot of potential, and the devs are actually transparent and trying to make the game great. They also listen to their players most of the time.

Nikita announced on twitter or reddit that they will have the netcode fixed before they go into open beta, so hopefully that isn't too far away.
    i7 6700K - GTX1080 - 500GB EVO 850 - 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The game definitely looks like my cup of tea. Glad to hear they're aiming to resolve networking issues before the open beta. Probably safest to wait for it then, and check it out for myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The game definitely looks like my cup of tea. Glad to hear they're aiming to resolve networking issues before the open beta. Probably safest to wait for it then, and check it out for myself.
    I have been playing for about a month really really kwl game, brings back that Breakingpoint adrenaline.

However the network lag and delay is horrible and I have taken the decision to not ruin the game experiance anymore, and wait until it gets resolved.

HNO3 is offline Purveyor of all that is Butt.
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

So much satisfaction when you kill a lvl 50 twitch streamer!!!!

With an AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main Rig: i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz | 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200Mhz | MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | RaidMax Cobra 1000w GOLD | 120GB SSD | 2TB WD Blue | Razer Mamba Chroma Wireless | Corsair Void Yellow Jacket | K30 Raptor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelloCat View Post
    Well apparently it has some of the worst network code of any game ever. Literally. Can't speak to local experience but according to this it will feel like you have a 300ms ping even when you have a 10ms ping.

laughed hard @ this vid... people here have just seemed to ignore it hahahhahaha

HNO3 is offline Purveyor of all that is Butt.
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Dont mock other players... Or you just might get axed in the back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3EALj7qS0w
    Main Rig: i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz | 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200Mhz | MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | RaidMax Cobra 1000w GOLD | 120GB SSD | 2TB WD Blue | Razer Mamba Chroma Wireless | Corsair Void Yellow Jacket | K30 Raptor